PDA

View Full Version : In-Car Amp Failure?

enRo
03-14-2006, 08:32 PM
So, I decided to try and get working on these uncooperative speakers. I put my ear up against all 6 of the stockers (part of the monsoon, dunno brand of speakers tho) to listen for crackiling and/or distortions, and all but the front 2 are in great shape... The front passenger door sounds majorly distorted and the driver door cuts in and out every now and then, and when it cuts out, the passenger door speaker sounds fine? :scratch: ... I asked one of the guys at circuit city and he suggested the in-car amp :scratch: Anyway, suggestions ?

V
03-14-2006, 09:18 PM
could be the amp, or it could be that there was an aftermarket stereo installe din the car previously and when they sold/traded it in, they threw the stock unit back in and did a poor job of makign the connections. pulkl the radio and check the harness to be sure on that.

qwikz28
03-15-2006, 02:20 AM
is it completely stock?

enRo
03-15-2006, 01:21 PM
is it completely stock?

AFAIK Yes.

Ill check on it today Paul, thanks :-D

qwikz28
03-15-2006, 03:47 PM
AFAIK Yes.

Ill check on it today Paul, thanks :-D
my stock amp is still in my car if you want to take it out and see if it fixes the problem. it was working when i unhooked it so i'm sure its fine. let me know cause i have this week off