PDA

View Full Version : WTF! Can't bleed my brakes

deadtrend1
03-16-2006, 07:36 PM
Put the line lock in, and I had to replace my ABS box cause soe of th threads got f'ed up. Bled the ABS box, and tried to bleed the calipers ... NOTHING!

Checked the haynes manual and I can't bleed them because of the TCS! What kind of **** is this!?!

calhoon
03-16-2006, 07:53 PM
What's the TCS?

I've never dealt with that ABS crap before.

deadtrend1
03-16-2006, 07:54 PM
traction control system....

edit : just a thought, maybe the bleeders were clogged. But i did get some fluid to trickle out, just didn't "shoot" out like it normally would

calhoon
03-16-2006, 08:04 PM
My first though was a clogged bleeder. I just don;t understand why traction control would prevent you from bleeding the brakes.

deadtrend1
03-16-2006, 08:15 PM
My first though was a clogged bleeder. I just don;t understand why traction control would prevent you from bleeding the brakes.

yea, i was just searching threads on cz28. I think i had a attack of idiot-itis. I will look into it after work tomorrow. The only reason i would need a tech2 scanner like it says in the manual, is if i had a code from the ABS.

calhoon
03-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Just another case of computers being more trouble than they're worth.

deadtrend1
03-17-2006, 05:05 PM
bleeding accomplished. I will do them all over again tomorrow-ish to make sure they are o2 free. The left front bleeder on the caliper is a little screwed up. Really tight and i could barely open it, which is more of a reason to do the LS1 brake swap.

Tomorrow = clutch swap and installing the spohn torque arm. Relobrackets, panhard and lcas went on yesterday