PDA

View Full Version : 4th gen Fog light help

ins0mnia24
03-20-2006, 05:20 PM
My 02 Z/28 didnt come with fog lights when i got it and i want to add them to my car but i want to use the Oem lights and the switch.
1. Can anybody verify for me what side the Fog light switch is located on the center dash above the heater controls?? If my memory is correct it is on the Left side and the TCS is on the right??
2. Out of curiosity i pulled my dash apart and i discovered GM already has the wire harness and plugs plugged into the back of the blank switches on my dash and on the drivers side headlight/parking lamp harness i found a plug does anybody know if this would be the fog light wires?? I didn't find a 2nd plug on the passenger side.
Does anybody know if the connection is pigtailed from the drivers side fog light to the passenger side fog light or should there be an additional plug on that side for the passenger side fog light??
If anybody out there could pop theie hood and look behind their headlight and see where the harness is running it would help me out alot
Thanks

V
03-20-2006, 06:12 PM
tomorrow i can get you pics of the factory switch connectors. They are all keyed a special way, so if you have a fog light switch and it fits, then thats what the connector is for. however, there may be as additional connector for the rear fog lights which get wired to the 3rd switch position on the radio bezel.

Tru2Chevy
03-20-2006, 10:45 PM
Might want to shoot a PM to Little G. He may have his stock foglights from his '02 Camaro.

- Justin

Savage_Messiah
03-21-2006, 12:18 AM
It is on the left... as for the wiring I don't remember off the top of my head, sorry

ins0mnia24
03-21-2006, 01:25 PM
Yeah i would appreciate what ever you can check out and tell me SmokingSS
Yeah i know i found what i am pretty sure is the Plug on the Left/Drivers side headlight& parking/blinker harness.
But i don't know if there should be a matching little black plug on the passengers side or not.
That's why i was curious if on a 98-02 Camaro they were pigtailed with an adapter Y harness from the drivers side to the passengers side or if each side of the car has it's own Fog light feed in each sides harness's
As for the switch and wiring it is already hooked to my dash plugged into each blank switch so, all i need to do is plug the OEM Foglight switch into it's location now i just need to figure out if it is pigtailed or not
I did send a P.M. to Little G to see if he still has the stock lights and I contacted Gio93z who knows somebody parting out their SS for the switch .
but if not its no big deal i can buy the Switch at my local dealer for 25 bucks and they have them in stock.
As for the Foglights and mounts i already found them also Brand new with mount's ect.. for 79.99 for both sides but they don't come with the wiring so i would either need a Pigtail to jump over to the passenger side or there is a plug on that side that i havent found yet that is why i was asking.
Thanks for the help so far guys