PDA

View Full Version : shifter boot

Firebird67dude
03-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Anybody here have a manual shifter boot layin around? I got pulled over this morning and got one of those fix it tickets for the shifter boot being broken, The plastic thing that clips in broke. I need to have it fixed in 4 days or i have to pay the ticket. I'm telling you ppl. Emerson cops suck da BIG ONE.

dan
03-23-2006, 06:27 PM
are you ******** serious?...how is that illegal?!
as long as the lower shifter boot is there..the upper is purely cosmetic!

Tsar
03-23-2006, 06:28 PM
wtf ticket for no shifter boot? sorry i dont have one...

V
03-23-2006, 07:16 PM
thats interesting... personally i never heard of a "fix-it" ticket, maybe thats just me, either they give you a ticket or not. What exactly is the "ticket" for? statue number and code?

ar0ck
03-24-2006, 05:44 PM
Tim, if you still need help I have a friend that can make a shift boot for you if you could find him some black leather or black cloth to use.

Firebird67dude
03-27-2006, 10:28 PM
The cop said its dangerous. The plastic peice that holds the boot to the console broke. Anyway... He said it could cause, if i ever had to down shift to stop quickly the boot would cause me to not be able to get into the gear and it could cause an accident. I'm telling u ppl. Emerson cops suck big ones. I'll let u kno wat the ticket says when i gewt it back. I gave it to one of my pals, whos a cop in township. The cop pulled me over for no reason, and just wanted to give me a ticket for something. So you know... I got this ticket once when i was 17, the 67 only had lap belt, stock for a first gen, i got pulled over cuz the cop thought i had no seatbelt on. Once he saw i had it one he reached down and pulled it and it "wasn't tight enough". So i got an "improper use of seatbelt ticket. <<< Also an Emerson cop.

Shrek
03-29-2006, 07:04 PM
damn dude, those cops suck, i'd move...my shifter boot clip broke in my 96 T/A, right now i have it zip tied down, till i can afford to get a new one...****ers are expensive...maybe you can just go buy a cheap piece of vinyl or plastic and zip tie it to the car like i did...what an *******...

Shrek
Ghetto fabulous

Firebird67dude
03-29-2006, 08:14 PM
According to wat i was told was that the shifter boots along with the plastic clip for it have been discontinued. Those bastards!!!