PDA

View Full Version : cruise control, NEED HELP RIGHT NOW

Savage_Messiah
03-29-2006, 01:21 PM
so since my cruise never worked I was just taking it out for weight reduction purposes... unbolted it all, unplugged the electrical connector, and went to unplug the cable. Now keep in mind my car has 2 separate throttle cables, one for the pedal and one for the cruise. After fighting with it for about 45 min I decided F it I'll just cut the cable... cut through the insularion with wire cutters, then cut through the outer wires with a huge pair of sheers... well actually I was cutting and the pulled on it, heard some cracks and felt a bunch of slack. I look and see that I pulled it off of all the plastic clip that hold the cable from the module to the firewall (clips holding it onto the master cylinder and holding it right over the TB remained intact). I pulled the cable at the module and the outer wires popped out. Went with the sheers and tried cutting through the inner insulation and wires, didnt get anywhere, maybe cut 2 or 3 wires in the whole bundle.

I then decided to start the car to make sure everythings fine... and now it's acting like the throttle is stuck open. Revving to 4k smacking the limiter and keeps trying to rev. I put it in neutral, same thing. Naturally and logically I did not put it in drive or reverse. Plugged in the electrical conector, same thing.

So now my question is WTF?!?!?!?! Is is possible I broke something like the throttle position sensor or something else? Was the tightness in the line necessary to keep the throttle closed, and now that there's slack it flys open? I'm completely clueless here and need to fix this problem ASAP. PLEASE help... cell is *... or respond here, or IM me at MoPMoonchild...

foff667
03-29-2006, 01:31 PM
heres my take...you dont have etc so im assuming your cable is somehow opening or your iac is acting up...I would put a scanner on it to see what your tps% goes to to rule that out.

Savage_Messiah
03-29-2006, 01:33 PM
well the car is stuck in my driveway now without any sort of scanner...

Savage_Messiah
03-29-2006, 01:40 PM
also, even only running for a few seconds, it smells REALLY freakin rich

Tru2Chevy
03-29-2006, 01:48 PM
Did you post this up on FullThrottle yet?

They would prolly be your best bet (unless James chimes in).

- Justin

Savage_Messiah
03-29-2006, 01:52 PM
good call...

Savage_Messiah
03-29-2006, 02:39 PM
still nothing there or ls1tech...

Savage_Messiah
03-29-2006, 02:40 PM
nvm got a reply on ftv6

Savage_Messiah
03-29-2006, 03:15 PM
well!!

I just went out and pulled the throttle PEDAL cable at the TB, the little rotating thingamabob snapped back but on a hunch I went to see if I could push it close any more... I did and it worked. woohoo! (i hope this is it)

If it gets stuck open again... what should I clean/grease???

Savage_Messiah
03-29-2006, 03:24 PM
ok, it's still sticking... if i hti the throttle it returns to 2k RPMs instead of 900-1k... I think it's the rotating part that's sticking... how do i clean it??

slasherbarb
03-29-2006, 04:58 PM
get some WD-40 and lube that **** up!!!

The Fixer
03-29-2006, 06:33 PM
Sounds like you may need to add a return spring to the throttle now; I wonder if that extra cable kept more tension on the TB.

Savage_Messiah
03-29-2006, 06:41 PM
i let it have some alone time with my boddy PB blaster and it's all good now. And the CC is out. :w00t: