PDA

View Full Version : Transmissions

GrandmasterCow
04-03-2006, 08:31 AM
anyone know a better replacement transmission for an LS1 or even a place to get a good rebuilt? my trans went and im thinking of either getting it rebuilt, or picking up another transmission with stronger internals.

qwikz28
04-03-2006, 09:29 AM
try ls1speed.com. when i'm ready for my new tranny i'm getting one of those. if you dont wanna pay shipping you could try one of our local guys like TTP or Cartek. also, if you supply the rebuild kit any reputable shop could handle a heavy duty rebuild.

Ian
04-03-2006, 05:28 PM
dynotech in manville is a very good tranny shop. Unstable bob gable had his tranny done there and I have yet to hear a complaint from him. I think jimmyboy had his trans done there too, not 100% sure though.

98tadriver
04-24-2006, 04:35 PM
anyone know a better replacement transmission for an LS1 or even a place to get a good rebuilt? my trans went and im thinking of either getting it rebuilt, or picking up another transmission with stronger internals.

hahaha im faster than you right now !!

But only Untill you get your tranny fixed, :(

I shouldnt be too far off tho! :)

GrandmasterCow
04-26-2006, 07:38 PM
hahaha i might be getting my car back tomorrow. i had to get a new shift kit because the one i had was for the 93-97 LT1 and doesn't fit the 98+ LS1 =\ but all is well once i pickup the car :) ... and pay the cost =\ haha im going to be selliong alot of things soon so look for stuff in the classifieds, esp since i have to pay debt so im working this asap.

GrandmasterCow
05-02-2006, 12:32 PM
got the car today. AWSOME pickup, strong tight shifts, feels great! done by Ace Transmissions in Cinnaminson