PDA

View Full Version : What do you think..?

Kojak
04-18-2006, 09:57 PM
I have a little problem, my breaks are pulsating whenever I slow down/stop. I'm pretty sure I just have to get my rotor machined or replaced. But I was wondering if it could be anyhting in the lines, like an air pocket or something?

johnjzjz
04-19-2006, 07:40 AM
an underlating rotor should be checked for thickness and replaced with new if worn, also change pads if you cut the rotors or replace them, flushing the brake fluid is also a good idea, the fluid is designed to absorbe water and over time it will rust all kinds of things in the brake system, its easy just like bleading the brakes, empty master re fill with fresh fluid and go jz

qwikz28
04-19-2006, 09:35 AM
how new are the brakes?

BonzoHansen
04-19-2006, 10:27 AM
What shakes, the steering wheel or the car?

Kojak
04-19-2006, 03:30 PM
how new are the brakes?
I replaced the pads last year, the rotors were fine.

What shakes, the steering wheel or the car?
It not really shaking, it feels like it grabs and then it gently lets go and then it grabs again. It's pulsing feeling. I'm guessing its a highspot on a rotor, but I don't know how it got there...

qwikz28
04-19-2006, 04:33 PM
I replaced the pads last year, the rotors were fine.

It not really shaking, it feels like it grabs and then it gently lets go and then it grabs again. It's pulsing feeling. I'm guessing its a highspot on a rotor, but I don't know how it got there...
i would just replace the rotors then

Ian
04-19-2006, 05:33 PM
if the pulsation isnt bad, get the rotors cut. If it's getting to be a strong pulsation you might want to get new rotors.

If you can feel the pulsation in the steering wheel, even just a little, then its the front rotors. if its only in the pedal, it could still be the front rotors, but it could also be the rear rotors (assuming you have 4 wheel disc brakes).

BonzoHansen
04-19-2006, 06:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/SIBLY/Emos/225.png Isoloate front and/or rear; that is what I was trying to say. Drums can give you problems too; my 93 K1500 needs new ones, pulses like a bitch hot, but I am too cheap to buy them.

IcemanSS
04-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Test.....If it comming more from the steering wheel, and it's most likely in the front, check also by applying the e-brake slightly while driving. That will tell you if the rears are warped or not.

Kojak
04-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Test.....If it comming more from the steering wheel, and it's most likely in the front, check also by applying the e-brake slightly while driving. That will tell you if the rears are warped or not.

I have front wheel disk and read drums. I tried the E-break a few days ago and it was fine and I do feel it a little in the steering wheel and pedal. Sounds like I just need to cut my rotors. Thanx for the advice...

IcemanSS
04-21-2006, 09:05 PM
not a problem man, lemme know how it turns out!!!:mrgreen:

IROCZman15
04-30-2006, 07:19 PM
yeap.. replace the front rotors

Savage_Messiah
05-02-2006, 01:56 AM
Feels like it's binding and releasing, right?? That kept happening to me, REALLY bad... then yesterday I put back a fuse and a relay i took otu a while ago (oops!) and forgot to put back in and it feels like it went away... it was the relay for the ABS and the "ABS valve" fuse.