PDA

View Full Version : Tach

supercharged Lt4
04-30-2006, 01:25 PM
I was thinking about installing a shift light in my 99 ls1. i dont want a tach because i really dont think there is any room for it in the car. so i was thinking just a shift light on the steering column. does anyone know what wire i would splice into? im the worst with electrical and dont wanna screw anything up lol. thanks alot

johnjzjz
04-30-2006, 01:58 PM
first you need the light and how many wires some chineese stuff has the colors backwards but most the red is key on radio fuse will work the black is most of the time neg or ground put it on steering column bracket and not knowing what year car or if it even has a distribtor their is usualy a terminal that is for a tech hook up even if it is only for testing , you can use it and that some times is light green jz

IcemanSS
04-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Best I can tell you is to go on to Autometer.com, and look to the Tech support, it's helped me to install my tach, and air to fuel guage

JW
04-30-2006, 09:55 PM
I bought a Harlan shift light an put it in my Pillar , it works perfect and is really bright and installuniversity.com had a diagram how to install it with what wire to splice into.

JW :D

Little G
04-30-2006, 10:07 PM
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=467632&highlight=tach+lead

g

supercharged Lt4
04-30-2006, 11:29 PM
sweet, that install university explained everything. now i just have to find a light to buy and ill do it. thanks for the help.