PDA

View Full Version : door speakers (monsoon)

Draven94blackbird
05-01-2006, 05:10 PM
since the door pocket and speaker housing are one, can they come of the door panel and if so anyone know were i can get a set of them i want to put components in the front and like the way the door panels look with that setup

qwikz28
05-01-2006, 06:38 PM
i dont understand what your saying

Savage_Messiah
05-02-2006, 01:52 AM
The entire door panel gets removed to access the speaker... that grill is molded into it, not removable like the sail panel ones.

Draven94blackbird
05-02-2006, 03:00 PM
thanks savage sorry it was hard to understand i couldent realy find the words to explan it at the time

enRo
05-02-2006, 07:19 PM
The entire door panel gets removed to access the speaker... that grill is molded into it, not removable like the sail panel ones.

Actually Im pretty sure u can remove the grill, but you cant access the 4 screws to take it out. In that case, the whole door panel has to come off.

qwikz28
05-02-2006, 07:34 PM
Actually Im pretty sure u can remove the grill, but you cant access the 4 screws to take it out. In that case, the whole door panel has to come off.
no they are molded clips which can break. i can show you mine if your interested. when my car was new my friend was dying to see my speaker so he ripped the grill off and it is now broken and flopping around :)

Firehawk 526
05-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Yes, once the clips are broken, screws and goo! Had my side pockets removed for painting, but they will reattach w/short screws:

Be extremely careful NOT to use long screws as they will protrude and crack the exterior portion of the speaker grill:

How do I remove the door panels ?
1. Remove the 1 screw holding the plastic triangle piece by the side mirror. That piece will just pop off.

2. Pop off the door lock indicator. Can be a little tricky but it just pops off.

3. Remove the 3 big screws. 2 are in the arm rest area. The 3rd is under the handle you grab to close the door. It is kind of angled upwards. I believe the firebirds may also have a 4th big screw at the bottom of the door panel near the map holder area.

4. Remove the black plastic trim that goes around the handle and holds the switches. To do this remove the screw behind the handle and the screw angled upward near where the 3rd big screw was in step 3. Pop the piece loose enough to reach behind it and unplug the wiring harnesses. Some people like to pop out the smaller plastic piece that holds the switches first but I like to leave it in as the clips tend not to go back on as tight. Once the harnesses are unplugged you can remove the piece by twisting it to clear the door handle.

5. Now the door panel is ready to come off. It lifts up and out...not straight out. It has "j" hooks molded as part of the door panel and if you try to pull the door panel straight out you'll break the hooks making it impossible to keep the panel secure. It may be a little tight to move it up at first. I prefer to grab the panel near the weathestripping at the top of the door and pull it up and out just enough to unhook it from the top part of the door frame. This then gives you a good place to pull the rest of the panel up.

6. Installation is the opposite.