PDA

View Full Version : Hatch is loose, easy fix?

enRo
05-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Is there an easy fix for a hatch on a 4th gen camaro? Everytime i hit a bump, my hatch slams up and down. I have about half an inch of play on the latch. Thanks.

deadtrend1
05-13-2006, 07:23 PM
im dying to know this too. Theres no pulldown like thirdgens so thats not the case. Also, I tried to lower the latch but its at its lowest point

Savage_Messiah
05-14-2006, 12:18 AM
try lowering the latch as far as it can go and try turning (so that they come out more) the rubber posts

ar0ck
05-14-2006, 10:54 AM
I believe its just 2 or 4 bolts on the top of that hatch that controll it so you could loosen the bolts and have someone else adjust and play with it.

BonzoHansen
05-15-2006, 08:28 PM
There must be an adjustment at the striker, or some kind of bumpers that might adjust or wear. I would think the adjustments at the top would do for/aft & square it in the hatch, not up & down. But I don't know 4th gens.

Savage_Messiah
05-16-2006, 01:29 AM
There must be an adjustment at the striker, or some kind of bumpers that might adjust or wear. I would thng the adjustments at the top would do for/aft & square it in the hatch, not up & down. But I don't know 4th gens.

yea, that'sthe stuff I was talkign about... the posts I was talking about were the same as the bumpers that youre talkign about... they screw in and out.

Shrek
05-19-2006, 10:33 AM
yeah mine does the same ****, I havne't tore it apart yet though...Lemme know if you guys fix it, and what you did...

Shrek

ryanfx
06-30-2006, 12:09 AM
well I fixed it two ways.. one is to screw those rubber things a bit higher so it's harder to close the hatch, the other is to pull back the carpet and there is one bolt on the locking mechanism on the latch that will allow you to play it up + down a bit.