PDA

View Full Version : Changing Tranny Filter...

slasherbarb
05-13-2006, 09:41 PM
Probably gonna be changing this sometime this week...I'm not asking how to do this (done them before and if you dont know how you should be beaten with a tack hammer cause you are a retard)...but i have yet to do them on f-bodies and i was wondering if there were any good rules of thumb while changing the filter (i.e. additives, certain trans fluid, etc)...any help would be much apprecited...plus if anyone has jack stands i could borrow for a day that would also be much appreciated8-)

The Fixer
05-13-2006, 11:15 PM
Just use good 'ol Dextron III. You could take the bolts out of the rear of the pan, and loosen the front ones so that it starts to drain. That'll make your bath in ATF a little less severe. I think it takes around 5 quarts to refill, if I'm not mistaken. It's been along time since I did a 4L60E.

F-bodies are low, otherwise I'd recommend you buying the deeper Silverado tranny pan and longer filter. You might smack it on a speedbump or pothole though, so fuggedaboutit.

Savage_Messiah
05-14-2006, 12:16 AM
lemme know when youre doing it, im running hoem tomorrow night then back at school till Tuesday, I can grab my jack and stands while im there