PDA

View Full Version : weirdest thing everrrr

maroman88
05-20-2006, 08:21 PM
so im driving home from a local car show and im moving down rt17 at pretty good pace when all of a sudden EVERYTHING shuts off, every light, the motor, my hazards didnt even work. so i drift over to the shoulder and pop the hood, everything was in order and conected the best i could see. so i sit back in the car and get on the phone and an LS1 camaro drives by and shoots a rev at me, my dome light turns on so i tried the key and she started back up, now i doubt the other camaro actually helped but maybe sumthing electrical over heated and when it cooled down it turned back on ? im kinda worried about driving the car anywhere else lol where should i start checkin stuff????

camaro2you
05-20-2006, 09:35 PM
damn thats strange.

Traxion LT1
05-20-2006, 11:22 PM
check the fusable link that runs to the starter and all the connections on the starter and also check the battery to make sure the terminals r ok. ive had them actually break off the battery

qwikz28
05-20-2006, 11:26 PM
same thing happened to me and it ended up being corrosion to the battery terminal screw thing. replace that before anything

Savage_Messiah
05-20-2006, 11:35 PM
god's engine fixed your car?? haha

maroman88
05-21-2006, 02:00 AM
well everything seemed ok and i couldnt get it to happen again so i took it out tonight and of course its now dead in a parkin lot i coasted into in new milford. i let it sit again and it never came back to life, i disconected the battery at both terminals and reconected it, nothing. looks like ill have to get it towed home in the morning:(

EDIT: also the battery is brand new, it was a dark parkin lot and for the first time ever i didnt have a flashlight so i couldnt really see the actual screws so well

maroman88
05-21-2006, 11:43 AM
check the fusable link that runs to the starter and all the connections on the starter and also check the battery to make sure the terminals r ok. ive had them actually break off the battery

you were right on the money! main wire from the battery to the starter was loose at the starter, tightened it up and drove the car home

ar0ck
05-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Sounds like a heat soaked starter to me.

V
05-21-2006, 09:48 PM
a heat soaked starter would not cause all the lights to go out, a heat soaked starter only causes problems when trying to crank the car after it has been running, itll usually be very sluggish cranking, but the rest of the car will still have full power.

maroman88
05-22-2006, 12:05 AM
yea the starter is fine it was just a loose wire, i tighted it up quick n drove the car home, tomarrow ill jack it up and really make sure its on there good