PDA

View Full Version : What is broken??

slasherbarb
05-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Last night i went to lower my driver side window..i push the button and it went about 1/2 and ich then stopped...it made a horrible sound that just kept going and going (sounds like the motor kept turning)...went to try it today and it did the same thine...i was able to get the window down by pushing it down (slowly of course) as the motor kept going...now what is broken?? could it be the just window regulator or the whole motor?? or possibly both??

Tsar
05-22-2006, 01:51 PM
id go with a window motor, just because u have a 4th gen and those things break every 2 months :lol: i didnt get any loud noises when my window motor broke tho.

Savage_Messiah
05-22-2006, 04:20 PM
4th gen window motors make me glad I have manual windows... the motor is likely

deadtrend1
05-22-2006, 05:02 PM
pull off the panel off and see. most likely its the motor. Follow Shoebox's tutorial, its easy.....

http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html

qwikz28
05-23-2006, 11:04 PM
barb its possible that the regulator just popped out... that happened to mine. it just felt like the motor was going but as soon as i reattached it, it started working again. i replaced the motor anyway out of lazyness of opening the door panels again. i will bet kaseys life that that noise you heard was the regulator screw popping out and the reason it is slow right now is cause the regulator is flopping around in your door panel

bad64chevelle
05-24-2006, 11:48 AM
id go with a window motor, just because u have a 4th gen and those things break every 2 months
Isnt that the truth

slasherbarb
06-22-2006, 06:33 PM
turns out it was the motor...now i can be big pimpin again with both windows down... :pimp: