PDA

View Full Version : Taking the fender off of a 4th Gen

Brando56894
05-23-2006, 05:49 PM
how hard is it to take the fender off of a fourth gen (firebird)? i have to sand down a few spots that are right next to the front facia and i dont wanna mess it up , so i'd wrather just take the fender itself off. IIRC kasey said i would have to take the front facia off to get the fender off.

WayFast84
05-23-2006, 07:25 PM
hes right

V
05-23-2006, 09:39 PM
well... you can do it with the fascia still on, well i mean "I can", lol. you ahve to know exactly where all the bolts are and how they go and how to reach them. But heres a very simplified way, and i may forget something. first remove the top row of bolts under the hood, then the hood hinge i believe has to be removed. one 10mm bolt right near where the mirror is, one 10mm bolt in the door jam, 1 or 2 at the bottom of fender, you have ground effects so that makes it more complicated. then remove the push pins for the wheel well splash gaurd, remove lower airdam/splash gaurds, the front fender corner bracket has 2 10mm bolts and then another 2-3 connecting the fender to the bumper cover. then it just pops off, see wasnt that easy...lol. But honeslty now that i remembered u have ground effects, just loosen up the fasica-to-fender-bolts up front where you need to sand, in order to make the gap bigger, then stick a piece of cardboard or such in the gap and bend it over so it covers the fascia and protects it while you are sanding. that way is faster and easier then removing the whole fender, but thats just my opinion.