PDA

View Full Version : How to wire subs into stock monsoon!

rgaynor85
05-26-2006, 10:20 AM
i got the stock monsoon setup in my 2001 trans am, and i have a 10" rockford id like to put in the back, how do i go about hooking this up to the stock setup and can i hook up my amp along with it., if itll hok up and sound ok without my aftermarket amp thats ok to cause i can put my 2nd sub in my daily. srry wiring and electronis in carsa isnt my specialty.

project89
05-26-2006, 01:13 PM
is that an factory amplified stereo like the old bose car audio systems?
if not u can buy a line level converter.it wires into the harness behind the headunit on the speaker leads,and converts the hi level signal into a low level signal so u can use standard rca's to hook the amp up.withthat said if ur amp has high level inputs along with low level(rca jacks) u can wire the amp directly into the speaker leads going to ur rear speakers.and if its a factory amplified stereo ill need more information from u to help u get it hooked up

98tadriver
05-26-2006, 07:01 PM
Im interested too, i have a 98 TA and have the monsoon with factory amplifier, and want to know how to do this. im going with a single 10 inch and an sony xplod amp.

project89
05-26-2006, 08:42 PM
is the monsoon stuff one amplifier or does each speaker have its own amplifier?if ya can get me a wiring diagram for the stock system i could help ya out alot better.i know how to bypass most oem amplified systems,im just unfamilair what kind of setup the monsoon is

98tadriver
05-26-2006, 09:54 PM
single amp

project89
05-26-2006, 11:31 PM
alright gimmie a day or to to look into it more but more then likley the inputs to the amp are low level lines,which makes it easy cause u can tap directly into that to run the sub amp.dont quote me on that though.were is the amp in the 4thgen cars?
ill see what i can lookup over the weekend,worst comes to worst ill give my buddie a call that owns a car audio place a call if i have to see exactly how its wired fromt he factory

qwikz28
05-26-2006, 11:49 PM
http://fbodyaudio.com/site.php?page=tech.php

rgaynor85
05-27-2006, 08:41 AM
wel i read that but to be honest i dont understand halfof it lol, like i said im an idiot with wiring and **** like that, maybe one of u guys could help me out and show me somethin one day

qwikz28
05-27-2006, 09:02 AM
basically an adapter by the company PAC will allow you to hook up an amp for a sub. the adapter is called an OEM-1. its really straightforward and is imo the easiest way to go about it

enRo
05-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Im interested too, i have a 98 TA and have the monsoon with factory amplifier, and want to know how to do this. im going with a single 10 inch and an sony xplod amp.

If u want to use Monsoon amp, I suggest looking for the newer ones (i think 00-02) cuz the old style monsoon system is only 250watts IIRC, and the newer model is 500watts. Figured id toss that is, cuz it may be pointless to wire up some subs to a 250w monsoon amp.

project89
05-29-2006, 09:35 PM
i dont think they want to add a sub to the stock amp they want to wire in a new amp for use with a sub

enRo
05-29-2006, 10:30 PM
i dont think they want to add a sub to the stock amp they want to wire in a new amp for use with a sub

Oops my bad :-D