PDA

View Full Version : Retarded Right Turn Signal

enRo
05-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Yes yes, I replaced the socket 2 times already and my bulb still jumps out. First time I replaced the socket was because I melted them with blue Xenons ... second time, the bulb would just slip out on a little bump in the road, so I switched out the harness again. Now, its doing it all over again. Reminded I did replace the turn bulb everytime I changed the socket so Im clueless as to WTF is going on. I am using 3157 bulbs, and its not electrical cuz when I pull the bulb socket out of the front clear-corners, the bulb drops into it (which is why im fed up cuz i have to remove the headlight to get the bulb out) Any help or suggestions? Thanks.

qwikz28
05-28-2006, 03:13 PM
my only suggestion is taking out the whole assembly and taking the bulb and playing around with it until you figure out why its loose

Ian
05-28-2006, 04:32 PM
find a way to tape the bulb into the socket? :shrug:

enRo
05-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Mmmkay, I replaced the bulb yet again and drove around the block using the proper signal at the proper time. I pulled in my driveway, only to look inside the clearcorners to find that the glass blew right off the bulb :rofl: I put in my spare blue Eurolite Xenons and they are working A-OK right now.

enRo
06-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Back to square one. I need to replace the socket yet again, and the bulb blew out.

Tsar
06-03-2006, 07:19 PM
sledgehammer will fix it... just pound it in place

qwikz28
06-03-2006, 11:21 PM
give us some pics man

V
06-03-2006, 11:41 PM
good quality clears, stock bulbs, and !DRLs worked for me. i only replaced the one socket once, and bulbs like every week. mainly due to water leaking into the 2 sets of junk clears i first had.

enRo
06-03-2006, 11:50 PM
I guess I should try re-sealing that clear corner ... that could be the problem. The blue ones lasted alot longer.

enRo
06-04-2006, 09:41 PM
I have a pretty big break in the seal for the clear corner. This is my chance to get the smoked style lenses. Thanks for the help ppl :-D

Mike Something
06-05-2006, 03:53 PM
I know exactly how it feels when you drop the stupid bulb into the lens man. I tried hooking up a amber LED bulb in mine and it didn't work and fell right into the lens. And me and my friends had such a freakin hard time putting the lenses in it's not even worth taking it out for the bulb... I'd go for the smoked lenses man...