PDA

View Full Version : is my ecu goin on me?

qwikz28
05-30-2006, 06:19 PM
once in a while when i start my car, the computer has to relearn itself. its wierd. i'l leave it in the driveway for like 3 hours, come back and its like i had the battery disconnected for a while. i have to sit there and let the computer relearn itself for like 10 minutes before i drive it. i checked the terminals everything is cool, new battery and everything. it just idles retarded and acts like its about to die out until it learns to be normal again

any ideas?

enRo
05-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Could be a bad ECU. With my new battery, the terminals werent contacting properly... so I suggest double-checking on that (in my 88 WS6 that is)

foff667
05-30-2006, 08:37 PM
its rare but possible...i suggest posting your symptoms in the pcm section of ls1tech.

qwikz28
05-30-2006, 10:27 PM
ok i started the car today and it did it again... let it idle for about 10 minutes and it didnt go away. so i shut it off, and restarted the car right after and it went away. if it happens again i'll post up but right now i'm just hoping it was a temporary power lapse of some sort and the ecu just didnt relearn itself the 3 times i drove it

Savage_Messiah
05-31-2006, 07:02 PM
are you saying itll surge whiel idling right off startup?

mines done that for at least a year :lol: probably more like a year and a half

qwikz28
06-01-2006, 07:46 AM
are you saying itll surge whiel idling right off startup?

mines done that for at least a year :lol: probably more like a year and a half
no the opposite. it almost dies out on me. but it hasnt done it lately so get the whole out of my thread you damn lepradoo

WayFast84
06-01-2006, 08:24 PM
when was ur last tune up? and hows the cat? Did you wash the engine bay recently?

qwikz28
06-01-2006, 08:30 PM
when was ur last tune up? and hows the cat? Did you wash the engine bay recently?
never, good, and never

its definately PCM related and its temporarily gone so im happy