PDA

View Full Version : classifieds feedback possible?

V
06-15-2006, 09:03 AM
would there be some way to do a type of feedback thing for the classifieds? like maybe a sticky or something, just some way to allow others to get an idea of who they are thinking about dealing with. Maybe just a sticky thread where everyone puts the seller/buyers name in their subject line, and a one or 2 sentance about how the transaction went.

The other day me and another member here were working together on a purchase from a member when the seller agreed and then called me back 5 min later saying he was taking another offer, for the same amount, with no real reasoning behind it. Tim and justin, i'll explain it in person next time i see you guys, just so you youll see how messed up the situation was and to let you know about the seller in question.

Tru2Chevy
06-15-2006, 09:19 AM
Yea, I know how you feel. Something similar happened to me recently.

vBulletin has a feature called "Trader Ratings" or something like that that allows you to rate a person based on transactions that have taken place on the board. I'll look into it to see if it to see what it in entails.

Good suggestion Paul.

- Justin

bad64chevelle
06-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Justin I think this would be a great idea. I know how paul feels in the situation, the other person was me who was trying to purchase something. It sucks, but its how life is. It would just be better for others to know how people are and this way feel more comfortable wasting their time (or not) trying to buy something. I am pretty sure other members would agree in this. Thanks
Jon

Tru2Chevy
10-27-2006, 02:43 PM
Just to let you guys know, this should be available within the next few days :)

- Justin

Knipps
10-27-2006, 03:11 PM
sweet deal

V
10-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Thank you.
This should help out newer members who dont know whos whos yet.

How will the ratings work, like can past transactions be logged?

Tru2Chevy
10-27-2006, 03:42 PM
All transactions that were at least initiated on the board will be able to be logged. It will be similar to eBay feedback....

- Justin

BonzoHansen
10-27-2006, 08:47 PM
vBulletin has a feature called "Trader Ratings"
All of the live music torrent sites and such use that.

Tru2Chevy
11-02-2006, 10:23 PM
All set to go :)

- Justin

Untamed
11-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Is this classifieds thing a one way street? Are we only posting feedback for those people who sold stuff, or is this for buyers too?

C'mon folks, post em up!

Tru2Chevy
11-07-2006, 01:11 PM
No, it is definitely a two way street. We would like buyers and sellers to both leave feedback. I believe there is an option for you to respond to feedback that has been left for you.

If you look when you go to leave feedback, there is a drop down box that asks if you were a buyer or seller (also provides the option for trade).

- Justin