PDA

View Full Version : 3rd gen camaro dash...

misterjuice
06-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Ok....who here is good at putting a 3rd gen camaro dash back together........I may need help.......................it's all apart right now....

meh...post up

Savage_Messiah
06-16-2006, 07:35 PM
if its similar to the 4th gen dash :wavey:

HardcoreZ28
06-16-2006, 08:03 PM
How much of the dash is removed? The entire thing with all the ductwork? I have my dashpad, guage pod, vents, and lower plastics off of mine right now. You could always take a ride down to scope it out and take pics if you need to.

V
06-16-2006, 09:57 PM
just let me know what you need help with, ive had dozens of fbodies dashes apart, some even went back together, lol. basically i can tell you where everything goes off the top of my head.

camaro2you
06-16-2006, 10:44 PM
ive dont it before and it is definatly a pita, i think it took me four hours lol but that was center console and all, just me working on it and taking a few breaks from being pissed off at it lol.

misterjuice
06-16-2006, 11:32 PM
Everything is off...........dash, gauges, ducts......even the center console...

I don't want to put the ducts back, as i'm removing the A/C, and heater core, and blower motor..............going for the light weight thing.

I'm also missing the 4 bolts that hold the top reel of the front seat belts to the headliner.....if anyone has an idea what kind of bolts those are that'll be helpful too

camaro2you
06-17-2006, 12:01 AM
well if ur not putting the ducts back in then it should be easy as cake for you.

IROCZman15
07-05-2006, 04:20 PM
well if ur not putting the ducts back in then it should be easy as cake for you.

agreed, its very easy to do if not putting the ductwork back in.. theres a ton of 10 mm bolts ( i think 10 MM) that will go underneath the dash, some botls to hold the ECM in, some to hold the fuse panel up, as well as a bunch to secure down the bottom and top pieces of the cneter console./.. i jsut did my dash completley in march, so its still imprinted in my mind..

take some pics, and post up questions of you need to

enRo
07-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Yes, have a 7mm and 10mm socket handy. Trans Am's are pretty much the same... in that case I took mine apart, re-routed a VSS wire behind the dash + fixed a short, and put it back together in under 2 hours (including routing the ducts)