PDA

View Full Version : Got a leak

Savage_Messiah
06-26-2006, 07:47 AM
So for a whiel now there's been condensation in between my windows and weatherstripping, once ina while with heavy rain it would leak a little but straight down onto the door or w/e

Lately I've noticed tho after it rains the floor is soaked on the driver's side by the pedals... and when driving home from work last night, if id punch it from a stop, water would drip onto my left ankle.

I'm taking the carpet out right now so it doesn't get damaged, but is this a common 4th gen problem? What is most liekly leaking, if it's not just the door/weatherstripping?

Tsar
06-26-2006, 08:55 AM
my car leaks...weatherstripping, ttops and somewhere around the windshield.

actually it hasnt leaked in awhile but now that i mentioned that, i bet there's a pool of water in there.

bad64chevelle
06-26-2006, 09:13 AM
mine used to leak at the back of the door down onto the floor in the back. The weatherstripping just got flattened out and no longer made a seal, just pushed it around a little and it works again. Leaks are a major pain in the ass, just try to seal it up before it does damage.

Savage_Messiah
06-26-2006, 10:07 AM
yea, i've already given the weatherstripping a few attempts at rejuvination, gonna finish pulling the carpet out once the rain lets up a little just so that I don't have to worry about that for now

ZeroCool8891
06-26-2006, 12:49 PM
yea tell me about it my pass side t-top leaks and be4 i know it theres a pool in the back floor piss me off so much

Tru2Chevy
06-26-2006, 01:34 PM
Could be the windshield seal leaking, or even a clogged drain in the cowl area.

- Justin

Savage_Messiah
06-26-2006, 01:43 PM
As I took my carpet out of the car (hmmm that sumbitch is heavy...) I looked by the VIN plate... and what do you know, the edge of the windshield is exposed in that whole corner.

About to call up Diamond/Triumph auto glass... they put this in about a year ago

Savage_Messiah
06-26-2006, 03:13 PM
lifetime guarantee on glass and workmanship FTW, theyre sending someone out tomorrow to take a look

qwikz28
06-26-2006, 09:42 PM
make sure you clean that up. water got in my car, i didnt drive it or go in it for a while. now my car smells like a foot

V
06-27-2006, 12:17 AM
kasey, thats good that theyll take care of it.

all my cars that are in "storage" get (4) 2lb bags of dessicant to absorb any moisture, and i check them regularly to catch any excessive water accumulation. When the bags bulge, i toss them in the over for 6 hours and they are good to go again. Plus the ones that leak bad get covered with a high quality water resistant/proof car cover.

Savage_Messiah
06-27-2006, 03:07 AM
make sure you clean that up. water got in my car, i didnt drive it or go in it for a while. now my car smells like a foot

Carpet is in the garage laid out... im not sure what im gonan do in regards to the water that dripped thru my dash tho.

Tru2Chevy
06-27-2006, 01:09 PM
Any word from them yet?

- Justin

Savage_Messiah
06-27-2006, 03:43 PM
yea, the guy came, we water tested it with my hose and nothing (figures)... he said to ran for the next rain, if it happens again theyll replace it all, and if that doesnt do it it may be the firewall. Then I told him about the condensation and fogging over the VIN plate... he re-sealed that corner, said there was a liiiittle gap, that may have been it maybe not... but same thing, next time it rains if it happens again theyll replace the whole thing. Hopefully this fixed it tho

ins0mnia24
06-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Check the rubber grommet where the hood release cable goes through the firewall , a few months ago i had the same problem and it would run down my front driver side cowl then drip down the engine comparment firewall and wheel well into the car.
I thought the same thing and checked my windsheild ect.. I ended up sealing it with black silicon never leaked again after that..

Savage_Messiah
06-28-2006, 12:26 AM
I'll look into it, thanks... was your water ending up below the pedals, and a little bit behind (towards the seat) them??