PDA

View Full Version : No Start....nothing

PDubs87Z28
07-02-2006, 08:29 AM
Well not actually nothing... Heres my problem, Mainly the only thing that works on my car is headlights/taillights, horn and interior light. When i turn the key nothing happens..no crank...the windows don't go down...radios doesn't kick on....power locks don't even work.
Last month i installed the 350 H.O crate in my Z28 and its been running great but Yesterday i came home from work took a nap, went outside...and this BS pops up. I changed the neautral safety switch with one outta my buddys 87 and still nothing... everything looked perfectly fine but i don't know....Someone help!

chrisfrom nj
07-02-2006, 08:33 AM
check the starter if you have a kill switch check the kill switch

BonzoHansen
07-02-2006, 10:11 AM
Sounds like maybe a fusible link to the starter. Too much out to be a starter/kill switch issue. Those wires to the starter are the achillies heel of GM's otherwise good electrical systems.

V
07-02-2006, 01:05 PM
could also be a bad ignition switch at the base of the steering column

PDubs87Z28
07-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Yeah but the wires on the starter look normal..like no bubbles on the wires or anything. I gotta check it out some more or have it sent to a shop if its ganna be a pain in the nads to do myself

chrisfrom nj
07-02-2006, 07:56 PM
try puting the car in nutral and try starting it

camaro2you
07-02-2006, 09:14 PM
fusible links all they way man i had the same problem my shorties burned threw some of my starter wires when i had them on and in the process it shorted out the links. go to ur local parts place and buy some fusible link wire and put that in there.

BonzoHansen
07-03-2006, 12:26 AM
Yeah but the wires on the starter look normal..like no bubbles on the wires or anything. I gotta check it out some more or have it sent to a shop if its ganna be a pain in the nads to do myself

Did you check them with a trouble light? Do it up the harness a bit.

PDubs87Z28
07-03-2006, 02:54 PM
ok well what we're ganna do is check with the light...but its mainly gotta be the link...we're ganna swith it out tonight or tomorrow....thanks guys for the input. Its much appreciated!

PDubs87Z28
07-04-2006, 01:17 PM
found the bad link...now its good to go...thanks guys

98tadriver
07-04-2006, 05:08 PM
i was gonna say, if all else fails, install a push button!!

PDubs87Z28
07-11-2006, 08:32 PM
ok well my car took a crap AGAIN....fried the SAME link....i followed the wire all the way up to a red wire where it splits in two by the carb. The fusable that went is the link that goes into another one and both attach as one to the starter. I hate electrical sht so any new in put will be much appreciated. SO its shorting somewhere else, and frying that one....i haven't touched it after where i saw that it split... I hate electrical crap so any new in put will be much appreciated.

jims69camaro
07-13-2006, 05:30 PM
you have to find the bare wire, it sounds like. under no circumstances should you circumvent the fuse or the fusable link or the fusable wire - that fuse is saving your electrical system by going out. sounds like a pain in the balls, but you are going to have to get down and dirty with the harness.