PDA

View Full Version : keys....

Trans Am Chick
07-07-2006, 01:25 PM
this is probli a stupid q. and i probli kno the answer but im upset right now and totally cant think. ok. karl has a set of my keys which i gave to him so i alwayz had a set that my mom cudnt get a hold of. but now that i dont live with mom anymore. and karl and i are done. (im mostlikely getting a restraining order against him.) either way i want to kno if theres a way to change the key for the ignition. and how much it wud run me.... all the locks i can do myself. that much i can remember right now. but my car is my baby. and the last thing i need is karl tryin to **** with it.

Tru2Chevy
07-07-2006, 01:32 PM
Yes, you can get a used ignition lock tumbler from someone, or get a new one. Not sure how much installation would run you though. It'll require partial dissasembly of your steering column, so I'm sure it won't be dirt cheap.

- Justin

Black98
07-07-2006, 03:04 PM
it shouldnt be too difficult. Im sure you could tackle the job on your own, just some basic dissasembly and rewiring.

on a side note,, if somebody else has a copy of your key for your ignition, id install a kill switch asap.

Trans Am Chick
07-07-2006, 04:30 PM
yea i gues that makes sense. idk if im just too upset to think straight.... or what plus im all ****ed up emotionally cuz... well id rather not say. but anyway how do i do that.... cuz like i said. i just cant think at all right now. or even the last couple of days. the only reason i havent gone to the police station yet about the restraining order is b/c i cant make up my mind and my dads tellin me not 2.

ar0ck
07-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Lexi, on the T/A I left a way to completely kill the car somewhere in the cabin. It would easily prevent anyone trying to turn it on.

V
07-07-2006, 07:23 PM
lexi, if you get a new ignition tumbler and key, available at most parts stores. i'll install it for free, it isnt that bad.

Trans Am Chick
07-07-2006, 07:35 PM
alex. pm me with where please. and thank god! lol paul. that wud be awsome altho im not sure its necessary. my dad wud probli do it for me. but if not thanx.

chrisfrom nj
07-07-2006, 09:11 PM
its easy i did 3

Oddball
07-08-2006, 07:23 PM
You may want to change the door locks as well before your interior is filled up with the used condoms of him and his new girlfriend. not that I would know anything about that....

deadtrend1
07-08-2006, 11:15 PM
i have a ignition cylinder if your interested