PDA

View Full Version : DUH hottest week ever and the A/C takes a dump

maroman88
07-16-2006, 02:29 PM
so a few years ago i converted to r134a and it worked nice, so i was using it last week and it would get warm then cold warm then cold. i checked out the compressor and it engages and runs for a minute then stutters and skips and makes some noise then spins fine again and repeats this process. im guess hte compressor or the clutch is shot? i soaked it was WD40 n im guna go give it another shot now

update - it seems as tho when the cooling fans kick on the compressor stays on just fine but as soon as they turn off it starts acting up. i know on TPI cars one fan should come on with the AC but my AC setup is for my old TBI single fan system and there was no plug on the AC lines for the 2nd fan. i guess ill hook up that manual fan switch n make sure there both on when i run the AC...

chrisfrom nj
07-17-2006, 09:24 PM
IM GOING TO TAKE OUT MY COMPLETE AC SYSTEM ON MY 92 RS IF YOU WANT THE PARTS I SHOULD HAVE EVERYTHING OUT THIS WEEKEND IM WILLING TO TRADE FOR A AC DELETE PULLY AND A AC DELETE BOX

deadtrend1
07-24-2006, 03:08 PM
seems like theres air in the line aside from the mechanical problem. Really, a vacuum pump gets used to pull all the air out of the lines, then add in the freon