PDA

View Full Version : mac vs. pc ads

79CamaroDiva
07-22-2006, 02:22 PM
ok ok, i know brandon is gonna jump in here, or whatever, but i actually just found some of the new ads pretty funny.

http://movies.apple.com/movies/us/apple/getamac_ads1/restarting_480x376.mov

http://movies.apple.com/movies/us/apple/getamac_ads1/ilife_480x376.mov

those two made me laugh some... funny ****.

slugger27nj
07-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Macs FTW!

misterjuice
07-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Chalk and Chalk board FTW...

as a matter of fact... no

Stone and chisel/hammer FTW

GP99GT
07-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Chalk and Chalk board FTW...

as a matter of fact... no

Stone and chisel/hammer FTW

id rather use those than a mac

shane27
07-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Macs FTL!fixed

Tru2Chevy
07-23-2006, 06:51 PM
I am no longer a fan of macs....pretty sure the HDD in the powerbook died. Stupid mac.

- Justin

Dark_Knight7096
07-23-2006, 07:03 PM
I think the PC vs Mac ads are stupid. I have a number of gripes but I'm not gonna get into them here. Before I graduated I was one of the few people who knew how to operate the Mac computer labs. The STCs had no idea how to do it so I had to bail them out a few times. That being said, I HATE Macs, I would prefer to never have to use another one. I find the high horse Apple is on amusing, considering their bes OS yet is derived from a Windows OS. If they are so good why do they have to emulate Windows to get their best OS to date? Also if their programs are so good, why does the international business community ise MS Word, shouldn't we be using an Apple designed program?

shane27
07-23-2006, 08:39 PM
i dont think you cna really beat windows
its so organized. the only way possible IMO is a better run program with more featuers. though ive never used linux so...

Dark_Knight7096
07-23-2006, 08:45 PM
i dont think you cna really beat windows
its so organized. the only way possible IMO is a better run program with more featuers. though ive never used linux so...

I didn't say they beat windows, I said that the best OS Apple has been able to come up with to date, is based off of a Windows OS.

Dark_Knight7096
07-23-2006, 08:56 PM
http://www.mac-sucks.com/

If anyone wants interesting reading, check this out.

79CamaroDiva
07-23-2006, 10:02 PM
actually, the best OS that windows has come out with is based around what apple did with OSX, NOT vice versa. Apple simply made a smart business move when they made it possible to run Windoze XP on their new computers because yes, the vast majority of people are used to it, and it is an easier way to get people to make the switch. Same thing with using microsoft office; its easier to make a compromise and have the programs people are used to using be easier and faster to use on a new system than try to start from scratch.

BTW, i used to be a hardcore PC user until i got my first mac in 2001. I will never buy a PC again, there's simply no need to. The only thing PCs are good for is as a gaming system, and i don't play games. I'm now on my 2nd mac and since i bought it over two years ago i have only had to restart it twice because a program froze it, both times because i had 13+ programs open and i overclocked it. 90% of the time I have 10 or more programs open and those are the only two times i had a problem, both times it was with a memory hog program (illustrator and dreamweaver). Say what you want about macs, IMO they are just better computers.

GP99GT
07-23-2006, 10:53 PM
both times because i had 13+ programs open and i overclocked it.

do you know what overclocking is? cause i dont think you do :p

Tsar
07-23-2006, 11:06 PM
doesnt bill gates own both?

79CamaroDiva
07-23-2006, 11:20 PM
doesnt bill gates own both?

uhhh neg.

Dark_Knight7096
07-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Ok, keep telling yourself Mac is better. I've been trained in both, I can program both and I tell you right now, I'm sitting here typing this on a PC and the only way I work on Macs anymore is when I'm doing a favor for a good friend, that it.

If you like Mac, more power to you but seriously Apple has an elitist feeling about themselves that I can't stand, especially when they make what is, in my opinion, a sub-par product. The commercial about PC constantly restarting is funny to me because at my college when the PC lab had a problem, nine times out of ten all you had to do was click "OK" on the prompt and the problem was fixed. The Mac labs has more problems than the PC labs on a daily basis and nine out of ten times we had to restart the Macs to solve their problems.

Mac OS 9 was based off a windows platform and they couldn't get it to work right and it kept crashing and going haywire. Mac OSX is UNIX-based. Mac simplicity by using UNIX, ok if you say so.

JMHO, YMMV.