PDA

View Full Version : First Atco Run

Sphinx
07-28-2006, 12:16 AM
so i got the honor to go to atco tonight. Was the first time i have been to atco, and it is a pretty kool place. But before i got to run i noticed i have a radiator leak... from a previous installation mishap. Which we tried to patch with fiberglass... but that appearantly did not work. So after getting really pissed off in the pits i decided to run it around and see if it will keep leaking, and just keep going till it stops... or my car runs out of fluid haha. Eventually it did stop and i ran it and this is the time i got. Note this is my first time ever using lights... and ever racing on a track. I now have the time to beat, and i plan to maybe next thursday.

Temp - 84
Humidity - 100 horrible weather

R/T - .431
60' - 2.189
1/4 - 13.624 @ 103.87

some friends said i had a horrible reaction and 60 foot time. But i think for the first run of my life on a real track i did pretty well. Now its time to beat that time.

bad64chevelle
07-28-2006, 12:25 AM
going by your signature, you ran the 94 Supercharged Z28 or the 89 RS? If its on the blown Z28 you have ALOT of time to pick up. Glad to hear ya had fun though!

Tsar
07-28-2006, 07:31 AM
i sure hope a s/c z28 can run faster then 13.6 :scratch:

Sphinx
07-28-2006, 09:54 AM
it was the s/c 94. It can run better i was just testing the waters you can say. I cant even remember if i had it floored or not, all went so fast. I will be less nervous when i go next time.

The Hammer
07-28-2006, 10:21 AM
What did you launch it at? ya man you can improve on the reaction time and 60 foot..but for your first run it isnt bad at all

show them up next week

Slow Z
07-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Track sucked ass yesterday. I love how when they have Q8 they setup cones at the line so when the T&T cars run and they can't get in the groove... They should atleast move them when someone with slicks pulls up. Not only is it an ******* move it also makes it dangerous to launch a fast car.

I tried launching on the bottle and got a blistering 1.85 60ft compared to my previous 1.56's. :roll:

Sphinx
07-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Well i used to race my cousins 2000 ss on the street and i would tie every time b/c i would get **** for traction... so i got used to launching low rpms... and my car chirps hard into second if i am even getting on it a little. So i was expecting the loss of traction again and the hard slide into second, but there was none of that. I wish i could have ran again but they shut it down due to bad weather after me. But i have come to the realization at the track, its much different then on a street. the tackiness of the track is amazing. Cant wait to go again.

The Hammer
07-28-2006, 10:36 AM
Slow Z if you take someone with you get them to move the cone...usually they dont mind..or ask one of the waterbox guys to move it for you...its worth a shot better than effin up your car....yea its a dick thing to do to put the cone there

Sphinx now you know and you can launch it better next week...good luck

Sphinx
07-28-2006, 11:00 AM
Thanks Hammer

j0n
07-28-2006, 11:22 AM
on street radial tires thats an excellent 60' for your first time out...i say well done!

enRo
07-28-2006, 02:37 PM
Not too shabby... im gonna say that you have more improvement to drop that time about another .4 tenths, cuz there is no way a S/C LT1 can run slower than my LS1 when it was stock... good luck and nice time.

Bandit
07-28-2006, 10:26 PM
Heat and Humdity is a killer on our cars.. easy half second slower vs early spring or fall.

Sphinx
07-28-2006, 10:38 PM
yea humidity 100.... go figure...

98tadriver
07-29-2006, 02:09 PM
some friends said i had a horrible reaction and 60 foot time. But i think for the first run of my life on a real track i did pretty well. Now its time to beat that time.

Your R/T isnt going to affect your 1/4 mile times at all.
The only thing it will affect is the outcome of your race against someone.

Lets say you race and run 13.0 and the other guy runs a 13.2 but you have a .600 rt and the other guy has a .100 rt, he will beat you because of his quicker rt. he will beat you by 3 tenths. even tho you would have a faster time than him, he got out of the hole and across the line before you. :)

Jersey_TA
07-31-2006, 02:20 AM
Not bad for a first time out in that heat/humidity.

Sphinx
07-31-2006, 06:02 PM
Im going to go again soon. I will pull a better time im sure of it. The horrors of being a beginner...

Tsar
07-31-2006, 06:16 PM
The horrors of being a beginner...
:lol: thats what i say, maybe ill go when its cold out

Sphinx
08-01-2006, 08:15 PM
im not going in this heat...... ill wait a week

Untamed
08-02-2006, 10:08 AM
I'm happy to read about other peoples first time racing since I've never raced before either. That way I don't feel like the only newbie when / if I finally finish my car and try the track at least once.

Tsar
08-02-2006, 10:12 AM
we should all have a noob day and go together :rofl:

Untamed
08-02-2006, 11:52 AM
Noob day would require newbies with running cars. LOL Half this club is trying to get the wheels back on the road.

Reminds me of a Central meet once - everyone showed up in their trucks. :)

Tsar
08-02-2006, 11:56 AM
Noob day would require newbies with running cars. LOL Half this club is trying to get the wheels back on the road.

Reminds me of a Central meet once - everyone showed up in their trucks. :)
seems like its North FTW again, we have quite a few running ones :lol:

Squirrel
08-02-2006, 02:42 PM
slowz, i thought that was your car i saw when we were leaving...too bad about that storm and the quick 8/bike guys taking mad long for everything as usual...

Mrs Bandit
08-03-2006, 07:00 AM
I'm a noob to racing! My first time to run the car was in the Mother's Day shootout at ATCO this past May! Mike took me to a parking lot to teach me how to do a burn out and how to launch first...which was actually quite funny! He was a pretty good teacher...earned a 3rd place finish in my 1st race / first time at the track! My second race was the f-body shoot out...not so good in that one, but thats OK cuz I had a blast! My only disppointment in losing was that I could not take any more runs!!!! I'll be running the Hawk in the F-body / Mustang Shootout the weekend of the F-body Nats (Mike will be racing on Sunday)

I was TERRIFIED my first run, but after that...wow!! What RUSH!! I LOVE racing the car now.

Sphinx
08-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Oh yea its fun. Im down for noob day haha. Get your rides running people!