PDA

View Full Version : Engine Starting Issues Tech Help Assist Needed

FBODYFirebird
08-08-2006, 02:04 PM
About a week ago I had removed my calipers and rotors so I could powder coat and rebuild them (*ask if you want them done).... anyways I went to turn my car over the next morning and it was troublesome to keep on for the first few seconds, if I didn't hold the gas down a bit it would turn off and if I revved it too high it would shut down I had to keep tapping the gas like an old chevy to keep it from stalling out....

I used my scanner to try and find the problem the code came up as P0102 ( MAF OR VAF CIRCUIT LOW INPUT) ..... So I took a gander under the hood at all the fuses and noticed that the Eng Sen 20Amp fuse was blown, so I simply replaced it and tried to start the car instantly the fuse blew and the starting issues didn't change (no effect)....... i've also had about 2 months issue with my exhaust rattling i'm thinking it's the cat but I feel no power loss really i'm not 100% on that.... I have an o2 sensor simulator connected so i dont run codes

i'm not sure if I have a coroded wire (grounded perhaps?) or maybe some part of the maf needs to be replaced.... help would be appreciated... here are my car specs

SPECS:
2000 pontiac Firebird 3.8L V6
Fast toys intake + Ram Air intake and air box
B&B exhaust + random tech cat W/ O2 SENSOR SIMULATOR

chrisfrom nj
08-17-2006, 08:27 PM
bad comp probably

BonzoHansen
08-17-2006, 08:33 PM
If the fuse pops right away, I'd start by looking for wiring issues. Short to ground.