PDA

View Full Version : North/Central NJ GOOD car audio install shop

camarokev
08-10-2006, 08:16 AM
k... just what the title says- I've now gotten everything I need for my system in the mail.... just need to find a good shop... anyone know of any? I've had experience with two over the past few years-

Exoticustom in Hackettstown, NJ. Will never go back.

Kartronics in Flemington, NJ. Good place, but they neglected to let me know that the amp I had was at 4OHMS... and the speakers were at 2OHMS.... so, do not want to return there either.

Any suggestions???? I want to get this bad boy installed!

Tru2Chevy
08-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Sound Automotive
3828 Quakerbridge Rd
Trenton, NJ zip code
Phone: (609) 587-5555

They did great work on Little G's car (back when he still had a stereo).

- Justin

ded71
08-10-2006, 04:00 PM
You should try and do it yourself. Audio installs aren't that difficult, more time consuming than anything. All you need is some patients and a buddys help. You can save yourself some decent cash. Just my .02 Good luck either way.

slasherbarb
08-10-2006, 04:47 PM
my cousin vinny (yes, i have a cousin vinny) does stereo installs...i think he even still does on-site jobs where he comes to you...heres his site...

http://www.audioexpressions.net/index.html

amargari
08-10-2006, 07:26 PM
The Finishing Touch
Morristown, NJ

Great quality, may be high on price. They really know their stuff.

camarokev
08-10-2006, 10:31 PM
You should try and do it yourself. Audio installs aren't that difficult, more time consuming than anything. All you need is some patients and a buddys help. You can save yourself some decent cash. Just my .02 Good luck either way.
hey man... yeah, unfortunately I'm going to be one busy sob next month... 21 credits of graduate work for two masters degrees.... AND going to be working.... lol, so no time unfortunately

and thanks everyone for the choices! I think I'll call around and check on prices a bit.... but the morristown one is right by my school... so depending on price we'll see.

camarokev
08-11-2006, 08:51 AM
okay... Finishing Touch is $89 hr.... that seem high or is that good?

enRo
08-11-2006, 12:47 PM
You can always go on Kenvil Ave in Roxbury... its called "Noah's House" lmao

qwikz28
08-11-2006, 11:21 PM
You can always go on Kenvil Ave in Roxbury... its called "Noah's House" lmao
i'm down to lend a hand :)

Iguana Man
08-13-2006, 02:47 PM
okay... Finishing Touch is $89 hr.... that seem high or is that good?

I actually know Kevin (the owner) and his guys did a very nice job on my 87 Quattro 4000 a while back. If you go, tell him Scott (from the Old Mill/Pioneer Elite receiver dude) said hello! I should call him since I haven't spoken to him in a while...thanks for the reminder Amargari!

:cheers: