PDA

View Full Version : Flame thrower?

WayFast84
08-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Does any one have one installed on their car?

Do you know if their is a kit for catted vehicles yet?

Tsar
08-17-2006, 11:43 AM
ohh gawd...

HardcoreZ28
08-17-2006, 12:13 PM
You'd have to run a propane kit in order to keep from trashing your cat. And something makes me really uncomfortable about having LP riding around with me at all times. Plus you could easily melt your plastic bumper on a thirdgen.

V
08-17-2006, 12:19 PM
flamethrowers IMO only belong on lead sleds, and nothing else

WayFast84
08-17-2006, 12:46 PM
the question was more on the line if their was a kit out their for catted vehicles.

I wouldnt want it on my car unless some one gave me a kit. Id need longer tail pipes etc

BonzoHansen
08-17-2006, 01:03 PM
Are you ****ing kidding?

WayFast84
08-17-2006, 01:12 PM
ugh no?

the topic came up between me and some one else about tail gaters, I told him to !cat then get a flame thrower kit and use it when some one tailgates him, he said he cant, because he lives in cali and will get raped with fines if he removes his cats.

You guys need to relax

WildBillyT
08-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Just throw change out your sun roof/T-Tops. Or in my case, throw a Biggie Frosty at them. :D

Untamed
08-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Matt.

Get the car running.

Finish whatever cosmetic work you want to do to it for appearence.

Continue to tinker with it from time to time until you are 17 years old.

Get your license, drive the car as is, and enjoy a vehicle that runs because there isn't anything special in it to break.

When you are, oh, 30 and have disposable income for something other than bills and retirement, then contemplate stupid stuff like flamethrowers and other **** that will kill you before you reach 35.

I think you need someone to seriously have a talk with you about your future. Or, if you truly do have an appreciation for money and responsibility, then consider limiting your own posts to this forum to serious technical questions about things you are working on now. The less you post, the fewer chances for people to make fun of you. Ask serious questions, get serious answers. Pose silly questions... enjoy the abuse.

HardcoreZ28
08-17-2006, 01:48 PM
I don't think he was asking about it for his car this time. Just a theoretical question more than anything else. Like I said earlier there are kits that allow you to plumb propane lines into the exhaust after the cats and run plugs to the back. Same effect as an interruptor switch and raw gasoline. I have no idea on the price of said kits though.

Tsar
08-17-2006, 01:51 PM
I don't think he was asking about it for his car this time. Just a theoretical question more than anything else. Like I said earlier there are kits that allow you to plumb propane lines into the exhaust after the cats and run plugs to the back. Same effect as an interruptor switch and raw gasoline. I have no idea on the price of said kits though.
um...if i remember correctly its 200 bucks for a kit but u need to buy your own coil and spark plug

WayFast84
08-17-2006, 02:02 PM
but the coil and spark plug is what 12-17 bucks?

and no I will not be putting a flame thrower on my car

V
08-17-2006, 02:49 PM
maybe i'm wrong... but using a flamethrower against a tailgater is HIGHLY illegal, possible jail time and loss of license would seem inevitiable for something that stupid and dangerous.

WayFast84
08-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Bahaha, its highly illegal in the first place.

I said it more as a joke, then when he said he cant remove cats, it got me thinking if theirs a kit for people with cats...

98tadriver
08-17-2006, 03:30 PM
Just throw change out your sun roof/T-Tops. Or in my case, throw a Biggie Frosty at them. :D

good one! try ball bearings :laugh:

98tadriver
08-17-2006, 03:31 PM
maybe i'm wrong... but using a flamethrower against a tailgater is HIGHLY illegal, possible jail time and loss of license would seem inevitiable for something that stupid and dangerous.

tell em it was just a backfire. you're running a lil rich

chrisfrom nj
08-17-2006, 08:24 PM
i set the leaves on fire with my 80 camaro it was running too rich all i had was headers and a set of glass packs

98tadriver
08-17-2006, 08:53 PM
ahahahahahaahah!

enRo
08-17-2006, 09:26 PM
Ughhh... heres a great recommendation.. how about you put that nitrous bottle to use, and install direct port 100 shot nitrous into your exhaust tips :roll:

unstable bob gable
08-19-2006, 01:00 AM
Throw cans of Diet Coke at 'em like I do! :)

qwikz28
08-19-2006, 01:31 AM
if tailgaters bother you that much, let them pass. they are tailgating you for a reason

OneFast383
08-19-2006, 08:58 AM

or likely for the guy that just got torched for riding his ass to get out and beat the **** out of him... i do ride a lot of ass (NO NEED TO GO THERE!lol) but if someone shot a flame thrower at my car we'd be fightin

01ws6TA
08-19-2006, 04:01 PM
they also make diesel flame thrower kits that not only shoots a flame but burns on the ground too sorta the back to the future effect lol

Savage_Messiah
08-23-2006, 12:34 PM
You're good enough at settign the engine bay on fire, just drive in reverse all the time

1QWIKBIRD
08-27-2006, 07:25 AM
Matt.

Get the car running.

clip....

Ask serious questions, get serious answers. Pose silly questions... enjoy the abuse.

Matt, you need to take the above advice to heart....its like every time the wind changes direction so do your intentions for the car....all that will get you is a POS and a mountain of debt to go with it.

And you broke my balls for not posting a sound clip of my car open header???....Please get your **** together first before taking shots at people.

Chris

NJSPEEDER
08-27-2006, 08:51 AM
Matt, you need to take the above advice to heart....its like every time the wind changes direction so do your intentions for the car....all that will get you is a POS and a mountain of debt to go with it.

And you broke my balls for not posting a sound clip of my car open header???....Please get your **** together first before taking shots at people.

Chris

did you read the part that he said it wasn't for his car?

Tsar
08-27-2006, 09:22 AM
did you read the part that he said it wasn't for his car?
did you watch a movie 50 first dates? when the guy was asking doctors advice why "he's friend" having wet dreams? if u did u know the answer.

NJSPEEDER
08-27-2006, 09:31 AM
dunno that one.

BonzoHansen
08-27-2006, 09:33 AM
dunno that one.
Good for you. That is a ghey adam sandler movie. You shouldn't know it.

Tsar
08-27-2006, 09:50 AM
Good for you. That is a ghey adam sandler movie. You shouldn't know it.
Adam Sandler > you.

NJSPEEDER
08-27-2006, 10:16 AM
* > tsar

NJSPEEDER
08-27-2006, 10:18 AM
i am looking around at flame thrower kits and none of them seem to have much of any concern for if there is a cat in place or not.
they all tap into the tailpipes with either propane or a small fuel injector and a spark plug. the old method of just loading it up with fuel to get the desired effect seems to be outdated.

Tsar
08-27-2006, 10:25 AM
* > tsar > timmay

BonzoHansen
08-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Adam Sandler > you.
Pleeeeasee. The guy is a no talent load. He yells and does baby talk. Great. And that is a chick flick. I stand by my comment about it being ghey.

WTF does * mean?

Tsar
08-27-2006, 10:36 AM
Pleeeeasee. The guy is a no talent load. He yells and does baby talk. Great. And that is a chick flick. I stand by my comment about it being ghey.

WTF does * mean?
* means "everything"

So what movies have u done? if none then my statement stands, i guess. :shrug:

BonzoHansen
08-27-2006, 10:39 AM
* means "everything"

So what movies have u done? if none then my statement stands, i guess. :shrug:
So, I haven't made a movie, therefore Adam Sandler movies are good? Riiiiight. That makes logical sense. :roll:

Tsar
08-27-2006, 10:46 AM
So, I haven't made a movie, therefore Adam Sandler movies are good? Riiiiight. That makes logical sense. :roll:
Adam Snadler > you, means adam sandler is better/greater then you. welcome to 2nd grade math. and yes adam sandler movies are good.

BonzoHansen
08-27-2006, 11:14 AM
* means "everything"

So what movies have u done? if none then my statement stands, i guess. :shrug:So, I haven't made a movie, therefore Adam Sandler movies are good? Riiiiight. That makes logical sense. :roll:

Adam Snadler > you, means adam sandler is better/greater then you. welcome to 2nd grade math. and yes adam sandler movies are good.

I understand the whole concept of less than and greater than, you numbnuts. What I questioned was your comment. You said 'So what movies have u done?' WTF does that have to do with anything? There is no logic to that argument. It makes no sense. By that logic, Adam Sandler > almost all people on Earth, including you. Besides, even if he is >all, does that make all his movies good? There is no logical tie there. Tom Hanks has won, what, 3 Oscars for best actor (I'm sure Adam will get his in due time)? But are all his movies good? No.

Don't get all pissy with men because you got called out for quoting a ghey chick flick. Got any good quotes from Hope Floats? Need any tissues to wipe your tears while you watch Steel Magnolias?

Tsar
08-27-2006, 11:17 AM
I understand the whole concept of less than and greater than, you numbnuts. What I questioned was your comment. You said 'So what movies have u done?' WTF does that have to do with anything? There is no logic to that argument. It makes no sense. By that logic, Adam Sandler > almost all people on Earth, including you. Besides, even if he is >all, does that make all his movies good? There is no logical tie there. Tom Hanks has won, what, 3 Oscars for best actor (I'm sure Adam will get his in due time)? But are all his movies good? No.

Don't get all pissy with men because you got called out for quoting a ghey chick flick. Got any good quotes from Hope Floats? Need any tissues to wipe your tears while you watch Steel Magnolias?
ok :gay:

BonzoHansen
08-27-2006, 11:28 AM
:).

Tsar
08-27-2006, 11:30 AM
:).
ehh, you won this one. i propose seize fire.

BonzoHansen
08-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Done.

http://www.owendennis.net/images/batman_bomb.JPG

"Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb"
:laugh:

angin52
08-27-2006, 04:02 PM
i do propane for a livin, and i have 2 cats. my advice is stay away from both!!!!

Mike Something
08-27-2006, 04:41 PM
i do propane for a livin, and i have 2 cats. my advice is stay away from both!!!!

2 cats as in true duals or 2 cats as in "Meow Meow"?? You sell propane and propane accessories? Is your 1st name Hank? LMAO. I had alotta sugar 2day.

chevylover5
03-29-2007, 05:00 PM
no i think he meant that high performance thirdgens came stock with two cats after the y... like mine did.

johnjzjz
03-29-2007, 05:17 PM
3 / 4 years ago an e mail came around with a 50 merc showing off his flamethrowers he installed on a stack of palats - before it was over the 60 thousand dollar merc was burned to the ground with the stack was very funny -- jz

Knipps
03-29-2007, 05:38 PM
3 / 4 years ago an e mail came around with a 50 merc showing off his flamethrowers he installed on a stack of palats - before it was over the 60 thousand dollar merc was burned to the ground with the stack was very funny -- jz

i've seen the video but i didnt know the merc got burned too :cry:

GP99GT
03-29-2007, 06:20 PM
7 MONTH OLD THREAD

Knipps
03-29-2007, 06:29 PM
there's one from 04 revived recently too
i gave up on correcting ppl b/c i got yelled at

WildBillyT
03-29-2007, 07:41 PM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/double_overdrive496/resurrection.jpg

chevylover5
03-29-2007, 07:45 PM
fyi, ur welcome for the revive :P
and i revived the other on yesterday that was a year old
so you dont have to thank me for that one too :wink:

SteveR
03-30-2007, 01:02 AM
There are two kinds of kits, one thats ok for your car, and one that very bad. The bad one shuts off your spark plug on one cylinder and the exhaust stroke pushes the unburnt fuel out your exhaust, through your cat, and an ignitor fires the fuel at the exhaust tip. It'll ruin your motor pretty quickly. The other requires you to install a small fuel cell in your car, run new lines, install a control system, and it dumps fuel into your exhaust near the rear and ignites it. The second way is safer, but is a lot of money, a huge headache, and a lot of room taken up and weight added. I tried doing it on my '55 Ford but gave up.