PDA

View Full Version : friend of mine having trouble with his m6

98tadriver
08-18-2006, 11:30 PM
we recently put a new spec stage 3 clutch and a gm 01-02 slave in his 99 SS.

it was working fine and dandy. he put between 400 and 500 miles on it to break it in. then we went to the track one night, and on the 2nd run, his friggin clutch pedal stuck to the floor on him. then took it easy on the car and didnt race. it seemed to be ok for a lil while. now, while the engine is running, it wont go into any gear at all. what could this be? defective slave? it still has the original master cylinder and the car has like 19,000 miles on it.

Mike
08-19-2006, 01:28 PM
defective slave or you didnt tighten it all down, same thing happened to me......new slave failed

Batman
08-21-2006, 09:23 AM
Sounds like a bad slave or the hydraulic line came off the transmission. Can you push the clutch in or is it bound up? If you can push the clutch look underneath for fluid coming from between the transmission and bellhousing. If it is wet it is a bad slave or you left the bleeder valve open when you bled it. If you can't push the clutch in check to make sure the line is still attached to the slave. Also did you drain the fluid from the master cylinder? If you drained the master cylinder it may be air bound and needs to be bench bled before you put it back on. If you didn't drain the master then disregard the last part.

1QWIKBIRD
08-27-2006, 08:15 AM
whatever you determine the problem to be, if you have to remove the tranny I would highly recommend installing an extension line on the slave so when you bleed the it you can actually see what it is you are doing and don't fill the bell with clutch fluid. The GM design flat out sucks. Here is a pic of what is on my car.

Really pretty simple, its a metric 10x1.5 to #4 adapter with a copper washer threaded in to the slave and cranked tight (no good if it leaks), a 30" premade #4 braided brake line, to an adapter fitting to accepte the bleeder valve. and it works like a charm. No lost sockets, no fluid in the bell, no guess if you got a good fluid stream....total cost $38 and I got all the parts from Lawrence Engineering (roundy round race shop) in Trenton.

If you don't trust the copper washer there is a guy on LS1 Tech selling a similar kit with an A/N adapter fitting at the slave so no need for the copper washer that is abit fancier (has a solo bleeder on the end and a mounting tab, etc) for $75 I think, nice piece also.

If the tranny is coming out, do your self the favor and put an extension on....

Chris

98tadriver
08-28-2006, 05:27 PM
cool thanks guys!