PDA

View Full Version : LT1 radiator hoses

j0n
08-19-2006, 12:12 AM
I bought a used w.p. housing that was already set up for an electric water pump and never looked at it...now that its on the car ive noticed that 3 of the holes have been blocked off. 2 of them arefor the heater core(no biggie i just ziptied those 2 hoses out of the way), and a third runs from the drivers side bottom of the radiator to the pump...this one's a small diameter(like the heater hoses) so i plugged it and ziptied it out of the way.

now i have 2 large radiator hoses going to my water pump. Im curious what the purpose is of that third small diameter hose is??? because if i dont need it ill plug the hose up at the radiator and fuhghedaboutit...but if its important than i need to probably pick up a new housing.

as of now the t-stat was not opening so i ripped it out to await the new one from summit, which should get here tomorrow...could that third hose have something to do with opening the stat up?

Pampered-Z
08-19-2006, 11:04 AM
The small diam hose on the Driver's side runs to the Radiator or Oil cooler is so equiped. I would think you need it to help pull coolant from down there.