PDA

View Full Version : F-Bod nats... thanks!!!

97transam
08-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Thanks to Tim and Justin for getting this going.

I had my doubts with the weather, but it turned out just fine, so I'm dang glad I made the trip up. Kinda of sorry that we had to snag one of the trophies back to PA, but we'll take good care of it by putting a few stickers on it and zaino it reguliarly.

But seriously, it was nice to put some faces to the board names and cars. Had a great day.

ron

Bandit
08-20-2006, 05:17 PM
It was a good day.. I think the morning weather kept some folks away.. Hey next time we race I'll wake up for the light..lol

Congrats on the win..

jaysz2893
08-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Thanks all for the howdy's and such. Thanks to Tim and Justin for puliing this together. Hopefully I can get FSFBA more involved ASAP. Thanks for the "long haul" award, you really didnt have to do that. My car now has 55,600 miles and it took 1.5 tanks of gas up and back. Thank God priemium ios 3.05 in NJ, and they pump it for ya!

enRo
08-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Had a great time too. Although it was Friday night revisited whereas both friday and today I forgot to turn Traction Control off on the line ... and I forgot to return rental helmets hahahahahaha. Congrats to all the winners :cheers:

WayFast84
08-20-2006, 06:21 PM
congrats to the winners, had a blast, and this one gas station was awsome on the way up. they had a 70-73 camaro ss, cleaned the windows, and was like 2.73 for regular

NJSPEEDER
08-20-2006, 06:34 PM
thanks for coming guys. we had a good time putting on the event.
and no one shoudl forget to thank PamperedZ for all his help with the event too.
a big thanks also to mrs. bandit, ian, pbodygt87, mylittlepony, and wrxdriver for lending a hadn at the gate, tech, and show car field. it wouldn't have worked without their help.
we got some good notes and ideas for next year to make everything even better.
the next big thing will be the development of the racing series that will have the east coast nats as the final and largest event next year. expect a lot of changes and improvements to the way the show is run and what you get for your money.

thanks everybody

Balla
08-20-2006, 07:05 PM
I had a great time and I'm glad I made the trip out. I wish I had something to run though:cry:

Tsar
08-20-2006, 07:09 PM
it was good times, maybe next time ill run the beast. :shrug:

FBODYFirebird
08-20-2006, 07:28 PM
damn missed it...

project89
08-20-2006, 07:28 PM
thnx to all the guys that put this together and made it possible was deff a great show to attend,and thanks to u guys who helped me try to get the car fixed and running right while we were there

MagicRatt
08-20-2006, 07:34 PM
Need to get some older F-bodies involved too...........

HardcoreZ28
08-20-2006, 07:35 PM
Great job to all the organizers and volunteers today. Despite threatening weather everything went over great. A lot of nice cars on the showfield and some great racing to watch. One suggestion for next year is to find a way to advertise to more first and second gen groups. Maybe make fliers earlier in the year and distribute them at some of the many local cruise nights and shows through the state.

camaroracer1992
08-20-2006, 08:27 PM
thanks again for the great time!! my family and friends enjoyed it and had a blast!! I'll def be in teh series and also at the nats next year, hopefully running 10 flat or high 9's :)

Untamed
08-20-2006, 08:46 PM
I want to echo what was already said. I only stayed for 2 hours, but had a lot of fun. Brought the kids who actually enjoyed it. They loved the free lollipops (they want to go back next year simply because of that). And the expression on their faces when they saw their first burnout was priceless. Wish I had a camera with me.

Caught up with some folks I hadn't talked to in a while, met some new people from all over (they weren't club members either), and enjoyed the ride up to Island. Good times all around.

Squirrel
08-20-2006, 08:54 PM
was a great time...thanks to everyone that helped get it together
was such a shame everyone was pussbags about the weather, that def. cut the attendance and car field by a lot...ah...and more people need to man up and run their cars:)...

35thls1ss19
08-20-2006, 09:43 PM
ditto to what everyone has said! Great times thanks alot for organizing hopefully next year i will be racing... no more show for me :-D

BonzoHansen
08-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Nice day today. I wish i had a car to bring. Next year.

Need to get some older F-bodies involved too...........
I agree. Ismail said the same thing (the nice red 67 LS1/T56 car that showed up late); he was a little bummed. We should kick ideas around next central dinner.

Mrs Bandit
08-21-2006, 06:48 AM
Had a great time watching the racing on Sunday! Looking forward to the 2007 events!

JOE MORENA
08-21-2006, 07:12 AM
Had a great time racing two second gen f bodys in final in f4 class

radialtireking
08-21-2006, 09:02 AM
Thanks Tim and Justin for putting on a good show. :smile: Too bad nobody else came for the heads up class. It wasn't alot of fun racing myself. :(

WayFast84
08-21-2006, 09:42 AM
I woulda went heads up, but you know I dont have a liscence or a runing fbody..

camaroracer1992
08-21-2006, 09:45 AM
jeff i wouldve raced you in heads up, youd have to take spark plug wires off though haha

Pampered-Z
08-21-2006, 09:58 AM
I had a great time ( other then my freaken sunburn!) , and got to put a few more faces with screen names too.

I think the original forecast of rain kept more then a few away, guess they didn't realize the F-body gods are on our side!

I was surprised there weren't more cars in the street tire class, I was expecting that to be much bigger?

I was also suprised at the car show, I think there were allot of nice cars there, some nice ideas on litttle details. That Pro street 3rd gen was outstanding, was the vision I had for my 84, almost sorry that I sold it for the 93.....

The ealier and more widespread we get the word out I think the event will grow significatantly.

Tim, Justin and I are already planning to do something else this year to get everyone together to a track! Details should be released soon!

JL8Jeff
08-21-2006, 10:44 AM
Yup, had a good time. I was a little surprised there weren't more cars racing and we definitely need to get more 1st and 2nd gen cars there.

97transam
08-21-2006, 10:53 AM
I was a little surprised there weren't more cars racing.

Maybe word got out that I had put some new stickers on the 97 TA? :roll:

Hey "camaroracer1992" I checked out your car. Now there's a race car to be impressed by. I kept missing you plus I was busy with my own foolishness in the F3 class.

camaroracer1992
08-21-2006, 10:55 AM
97transam, what do you mean about to be impressed by?? did you see my 10 sec runs?? i saw your car and i didnt get a chance to meet you, your car sounds nasty though, i dig that sound.

97transam
08-21-2006, 11:38 AM
I saw the car, I saw the engine, I saw the runs.
Then I go out and do a lazy Sunday afternoon family cruise of a 13.5... bahahahahaha.

Thanks on the sound comment. Headers, SLP Loudmouth and a recently installed GM847 cam. Now I need a torque converter to match up to the cam instead of the stocker. I have a yearly budget that I blew big time this year so I have to wait until next year for the TC. I just went to get into the 12's, that's all. Nothing more. Bahahahahaha.

camaroracer1992
08-21-2006, 12:07 PM
that engine is dirty, i didnt get a chance to clean the car at all before then.

Pro90rscam
08-21-2006, 05:11 PM
I am glad you thought my blue prostreet camaro was outstanding. I really appreciate hearing comments like that. Yeah, if you would have tubbed your 84' that would have been real neat. Well you could do your 93' Camaro if you want and you would definately have something no one else has.

Don

Scorched SS
08-22-2006, 08:51 AM
BIG THANKS to Tim and Justin... the show was a great time - its awesome to meet more and more board members - one of these days I'm gonna make it to the monthly meet!

Tru2Chevy
08-22-2006, 09:40 AM
I'm so glad that everyone had a good time, even if the car count wasn't the best.

Keep the feedback (both positive and negative) coming, we will try to take everyone's ideas into account for the events we plan on hosting next year.

- Justin

Batman
08-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Maybe word got out that I had put some new stickers on the 97 TA? :roll:

Hey "camaroracer1992" I checked out your car. Now there's a race car to be impressed by. I kept missing you plus I was busy with my own foolishness in the F3 class.

Hopefully you'll have me to deal with next year Ron :evil: , of course that's if I can keep the damn thing running anyway. I'll get ya some more stickers before we race though, to even it up. Congrats on your win BTW!

blown69rat
08-22-2006, 02:57 PM
Thanks Tim and Justin for putting on a good show. :smile: Too bad nobody else came for the heads up class. It wasn't alot of fun racing myself. :(

Jeff,
If Tim and Justin will let me participate next year, I'll run ya in the heads up class!!:laugh:
Brian

camaroracer1992
08-22-2006, 03:17 PM
brian, you wont pass tech haha!!so jeff will win AGAIN!!! :)

radialtireking
08-22-2006, 03:21 PM
Jeff,
If Tim and Justin will let me participate next year, I'll run ya in the heads up class!!:laugh:
Brian
Brian, you would have to get off your car show chair and actually run your car.:laugh: Speaking of running. You going to the track this year? Let me know so I can be there.

camaroracer1992
08-22-2006, 03:37 PM
:owned: jeff lets get him to a track rental!

IROCZman15
08-22-2006, 11:32 PM
i had an awesome time

thanks to Tim and everybody else who organized the event, probably was a lot of work

car show was good, got to meet a few people and put cars/with faces/ and usernames

im sure my car will be all painted and the suspension done up for next year, so i will def. be coming again

great event!

blown69rat
08-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Brian, you would have to get off your car show chair and actually run your car.:laugh: Speaking of running. You going to the track this year? Let me know so I can be there.

yea,yea, I KNOW!!! If I can find the time to get a few things done to the car, I will do my best to get to the track. It's just time is not on my side!!:scratch:

camaroracer1992
08-23-2006, 12:12 PM
youre always off on mondays whats the problem????? haha