PDA

View Full Version : LS1 rod bolts....ARP or Katech?

V
08-21-2006, 12:04 AM
the arps are like $90 and the katechs are like 160. i hear a lot of people are running the arps with no issues, and ive heard the same with the katechs, now, ive also heard that the katechs are better because there is no honing or resizing needed. supposedly the arps need to have other stuff done to install them. but what special thing needs to be done? i'll probably end up getting the katechs, but if theres really no difference i'll say the 70 and that'll help towards my ported oil pump.

qwikz28
08-21-2006, 06:06 PM
i got the ARPs. i didnt know of any difficulties. i'll tell ya when i rip out my motor :?

ATVracer
08-22-2006, 06:50 AM
ARP's here, no problems at all... had them in my old motor also.

unstable bob gable
08-22-2006, 11:55 PM
ARP makes good quality stuff.

V
08-23-2006, 01:54 AM
i always heard great things about arp, but are they just bolt in, torque and go? whats the talk about honing and/or resizing the arps? is it just crap katech made up? lol

V
08-26-2006, 04:16 PM
ok i bought a set of the ARPS, cuz i need to finish this motor soon. Heres a part of the description for them.... my main question is how much do i have to concern myself with this?....
However, it is critically important to monitor the stretch of each bolt and replace it when it has permanently elongated by .001".

My car will be mainly street driven and at the track maybe twice a month, and i'm not gonna rev to 7k or such, probably not even 6200, lol, but i just want the rod bolts as a safety precaution. if i keep the revs in stock range do i still need to concern myself with the bolts stretching or is that really only for all-out race motors thatll see 7k a few days a week?