PDA

View Full Version : Loud Mouth II

LS1Hawk
08-29-2006, 06:42 AM
Anyone heard it? I'm starting to look at exhausts and want to know what it sounds like. I've heard the regular Loud Mouth and it's a little too loud for my taste, and I've heard it drones at lower RPMs. I know the LM II is supposed to be quieter, but does it still have an aggressive, deep tone?

Bandit
08-29-2006, 09:35 AM
I have the LM2 and it sounds great.. big difference between the LM(sounds like raspy ass) and LM2 nice sound.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/cde67be5-cdbe-4645-bbb3-9812006fd2aa.htm

Our car is with the gold wheels.. The second run you can hear the exhaust better.

LS1Hawk
08-29-2006, 10:46 AM
Thanks a lot, Bandit. I'm at work so I can't check out the clip now, but I'm looking forward to hearing how it sounds your Firehawk. I've heard the Loud Mouth and I noticed when it revs it sounds all crackily. Hopefully I can get a good idea of the LM II from your clip.

Have you noticed any power gains from it at all over the stock setup? Any trouble passing inspection?

firehawk1120
08-29-2006, 01:54 PM
anyone who thinks the LM sounds awful has a hearing problem. I haven't heard the LM II yet but I like the LM and think it sounds good. I've never heard it crackle esp. when reving...

The drone inside the car isn't bad either if you know where the loud parts are in the shifts points.

LS1Hawk
08-29-2006, 02:33 PM
I heard the Loud Mouth on a '95 Firehawk once and wasn't crazy about it. But that's just my personal preference. I'd have to hear it on an LS1 in person...only heard audio clips of it for that.

misterjuice
08-29-2006, 03:15 PM
i have it on my iroc.....headers, no cat, LM....and it's dead quiet..................

bwhahahahha then again I'm deaf.

Teds89IROC
08-29-2006, 05:37 PM
haha yea, to hear it on boon's car I had to stand like 5 ft away from it :lol:

~Ted

qwikz28
08-29-2006, 11:02 PM
try the tsp rumbler cat back first. bullet mufflers on a LS1 are :drool:

LS1Hawk
09-21-2006, 06:06 AM
I decided to go with the LM 2 and had it installed yesterday. Sounds great! Definitely loud enough for me :) The only problem my mechanic ran into while installing it was getting it to clear where the over axle pipe comes back down and splits into the tailpipes just over what I believe is the upper panhard bar...the bar that runs on a slant from wheel to wheel. It just clears the bar by no more than a 1/4 inch. If there's a way to get that to clear better, I'd be interested in knowing! But the sound is just what I was looking for, deep and aggressive, but not ear splitting.

j0n
09-21-2006, 09:55 AM
ive heard you can cut a notch out the top of that panhard and then weld a piece of flat stock in the opening of the "u" to kep it reinforced, which gives you another 1.5-2" to play with

LS1Hawk
09-21-2006, 10:59 AM
ive heard you can cut a notch out the top of that panhard and then weld a piece of flat stock in the opening of the "u" to kep it reinforced, which gives you another 1.5-2" to play with

Yeah, but I don't know if I'd want to have the bar cut and welded, because I wouldn't know if it's done right and all that, unless someone recommended a guy that's good at it. Are there any aftermarket bars that offer more clearance? Might be good because the stock ones are flimsy looking to begin with.

Tru2Chevy
09-21-2006, 11:59 AM
http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodySuspension.htm#panhardrods

Scroll down just a touch from there, and you'll see the panhard relocation kit. I'm not sure if any other company makes one (I'm sure there are others out there), but this should be what you are looking for.

- Justin

LS1Hawk
09-21-2006, 12:49 PM
http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodySuspension.htm#panhardrods

Scroll down just a touch from there, and you'll see the panhard relocation kit. I'm not sure if any other company makes one (I'm sure there are others out there), but this should be what you are looking for.

- Justin

Thanks, Justin. That would definitely work, and seems simple enough that I could install it myself. $219 is a little more than I thought something like this would cost, but it seems worth it.

Tru2Chevy
09-21-2006, 01:18 PM
Yea, that's why I mentioned that you should look around a bit. I'm sure that there's another company out there making something similar to BMR's piece.

- Justin

MapleRed
09-27-2006, 08:44 PM
anyone who thinks the LM sounds awful has a hearing problem. I haven't heard the LM II yet but I like the LM and think it sounds good. I've never heard it crackle esp. when reving...

The drone inside the car isn't bad either if you know where the loud parts are in the shifts points.

:werd:

Its not bad at all on an otherwise stock car but I've never been crazy about it with headers, no cats, etc. I'd like to hear a LM II. I want to mod my WS6.

MapleRed
09-27-2006, 08:45 PM
i have it on my iroc.....headers, no cat, LM....and it's dead quiet..................

bwhahahahha then again I'm deaf.

On the Aerio? :lol: