PDA

View Full Version : how to omit A.I.R on '01 LS1?

V
09-05-2006, 03:18 AM
I am looking at the QTP "race" style headers for my '01 SS. I was gonna go with the ones with the AIR fitting but since i have now decided to go with a catted y-pipe, i would like to save some cash and the race headers are $75 less. So, my question is, on an '01 ls1, what is involved to omit the AIR system? Is it like the tpi cars where you just remove it and thats that? will it set any codes? will it affect performance or such? If it comes down to it i could get the headers with AIR, but i have enough money into the car already for now.

foff667
09-05-2006, 06:34 AM
yeah it will probably set a bunch of A.I.R. codes...but yes its pretty easy, just pull the air lines & the pump, done. Shouldnt affect performance as its not a performance oriented thing...its just there to preheat your cats.

Batman
09-05-2006, 07:09 AM
I like my QTP headers but their Y-pipe is a PITA, get a set of Kooks IMO. And on topic, it takes about an hour and a quick computer re-flash and it is done.

ar0ck
09-06-2006, 09:48 PM
The thing with the QTP Y-Pipes is they require alot of attention to how they are bolted/welded up. The reason it comes in multiple peices is to allow the owner to adjust to fit perfectly for clearance. It all depends on how well you tuck it in.

V
09-07-2006, 02:00 AM
ok after talking to people at the trucks tonight, i have decided to stick with QTP and get "race" headers and a catted y pipe. now i gotta find 1300 bucks