PDA

View Full Version : URGENT! Adjusting Roller Rockers!

ar0ck
09-18-2006, 10:35 PM
I have a set of Comp Pro Magnum 1.52 Rockers on my car, and I don't know anyone local that has dealed with adjusting them. They have a bolt on the outside that tightens down the actually rocker, and a hex type tool screw in the middle, I guess for adjusting them?

My question is, do I tighten the larger outside nuts to hold the rockers in, then adjust the inner screw untill they stop chattering?

I have absolutely no Idea how to do this, Im going to study the directions but any help I can get is much apperciated.

j0n
09-18-2006, 11:57 PM
http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html#adjust_valves

Pampered-Z
09-19-2006, 06:25 AM
Just an Jon showed in the link. I've always used the method spinning the push rod, then going 1/3 turn past zero lash, turn down the lock until it just bottoms out then turning the nut and lock together for a total of 1/2 turn past zero lash. I think 3/4 is too much on an LT1. With after market lifters such as the comp type R you only go 1/4 past zero lash total.

With the 306 cam you might be better off adjusting the valves by rotating the enging until you start to see the lifter come up then adjust the other valve on that cylinder as it is sometimes hard to get the exact position where both vavles are closed. If you adjust lash and the valve is not at the fully closed postion when the engine does rotate to closed the lash will be way too loose.

JB