PDA

View Full Version : Could possibly...

Firebird67dude
09-19-2006, 01:43 PM
be selling the T/A due to my soon loss off my DL. I'll keep you all posted if i have to.

GP99GT
09-19-2006, 02:02 PM
ummmmmm hi why are you losing your DL?

also...im interested in the car.

Firebird67dude
09-19-2006, 02:06 PM
im interested in the car.

NOOOOOOOOOO

enRo
09-19-2006, 02:28 PM
Care to please to fill us in.

Firebird67dude
09-19-2006, 03:11 PM
I had the joy of being pulled over in Park Ridge at 1:54 am for originally 72 in a 40 but the officer wrote it up as 50 in a 40. At that time I was told i have 10 points on my DL. Also it ended up being 5 cop cars and 8 officers. One happend to be the officer from hillsdale that gave me a careless for rewving my car. Last i knew and at court last wed. in Hillsdale i was told i have 6 points and move the ticket i was there for to an "Unknown moving violation", no points, myb i recived 4 points form that?

Then at 3:04 am i got pulled over in Emerson for 50 in a 25 on MAin St. The officer was very nice but once his department buddy came he said he had to give me the ticket cuz the second officer showed up. He ended up writing it out for 44 in a 25. Both times the officer helped me out some what. Either way I am not bitching about it all the officers did was do their jobs.

The one ticket's court date says 09/2T/06. So wat date is that? Also if i wanted to fight one of em could i on the basis that my Name is spelt wrong? I spell my Name Timmothy and on the ticket is Timothy. The one from parke ridge says 50 in 40 but he has the 20-25 mph over box marked. IDk either way all they did was thier job.

GP99GT
09-19-2006, 03:13 PM
i heard that if theres an error anywhere on the ticket, its void...but i dont know how true that is.

bad64chevelle
09-19-2006, 03:27 PM
wow...pulled over twice in 2 hours for almost double the speed limit in both cases...didnt you learn the first time?!?!?

bad64chevelle
09-19-2006, 03:28 PM
and i bet the date is 9/27/06

Firebird67dude
09-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Yea. Really bad night. Still no excuse but damage was done already.

maroman88
09-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Emerson SUCKS!!! they hate Oradell firemen and used to give us a hard time, one officer wrote one of our guys that was responding to a call for taillgating and illegal strobes, our fire captain who is also an oradell cop just said not to drive through Emerson, kinda tough when its our northern border.

as far as any errors on the ticket...hehe good luck pulling that one, its just a rumor

johnjzjz
09-19-2006, 04:26 PM
the officer always will be in court he gave others out that night and if theirs a question he can answer it so playing a game on a judge about spelling is not an idea to go their with ---- jz

Firebird67dude
09-19-2006, 04:28 PM
Yea, I figure since i can't down plead a ticket anymore i'll just send them in.

misterjuice
09-19-2006, 04:30 PM
don't wanna flame u but what posessed you to do 72 in a 40....and 50 in a 25?

Tsar
09-19-2006, 05:10 PM
gee why not learn your surroundings, or you should keep it at speed limit if u dunno where u at. and thats coming from me...

Ian
09-19-2006, 05:19 PM
so how much would you be looking to get for your car?

BigAls87Z28
09-19-2006, 05:21 PM
FYI, I suggest you pick up a Valentine 1 or maybe look to the black market for some ex-military radar detecting device that they use in F14's, cause thats horrible. Maybe some night vision, infrared cameras that feed into a screen so that you can see the warm engine of the cop car miles ahead.

qwikz28
09-19-2006, 05:24 PM
i dont know if these "you shoulda done this" and the "that was dumb" comments are gonna help at all. a matter of fact, your just making him feel worse. i got pulled over twice in one day and got tickets in both instances before and yeah it sucks. sometimes you wanna get somewhere and you arent really paying attention to speed. i know how it feels cause i drive alot, probably more then anyone on this board. so everyone cut the ******** and post only if you have something useful to say.

now that being said, i offered tim to use my NY addy to change his liscense over to the good ol state of NY. this will be of benefit to him in many ways:

1. he may not lose his liscense.
2. points dont transfer into NY, so basically you can speed all you want in other states and never worry about points. (like i do :))
3. our insurance is a ton less then NJ, i pay 1k a year for my camaro for full coverage. yeah its under my dads name but his liscense sucks almost as much as mine does. the saturn is under my name and even thats only about 1500.

Tim, my advice to you is to call the NYS DMV in albany and find out what the procedure is for transfering your liscense with a pending ticket. tell them you moved already and that you know you have to change your address within a certain amount of time.

before i was in my second year of college i had gotten my 20th moving violation. i have gotten 5 or 6 more tickets since then and i have 6 points on my liscense right now and am taking the point reduction class soon. i know how to work this system cause of my driving record.

besides, you know you wanna claim residency with an egyptian household. ;)

chrisfrom nj
09-19-2006, 06:19 PM
that sucks did you go to court with a lawyer pay a high fine no points

johnjzjz
09-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Yea, I figure since i can't down plead a ticket anymore i'll just send them in.

i would go and the cop or the court might offer you a deal just for showing up when they ask what happened lie think up a girl friend with your best friend and the second because your a dope and was upset u wont get anything if you dont try -- jz

Firebird67dude
09-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Ok. First off, if anyone knows the deal between me and my friend Jacqui u know id do anything for her. She has been at college for about 3 wks and came home for the weekend. Basicly we got in a huge arguement and i just couldnt i honestly could yell at her so i took it out on the car. Basicly the second time i got pulled over the officer was going to let me go but the damn second one had to show up.

The ticket from Park Ridge the cop told me he would not be able to prove my speed due to the fact that i was going too fast(he was sleeping and i woke him up). But in front of the 7 other officers that decided to show up he said not to try that route cuz then hell make sure i get in more trouble.

Anyhow none of u could make me feel worse. I only feel bad in the sense that I feel that I'm a huge let down to my parents. So basicly i cant feel any worse.

Honestly tho. I'm pretty sure that all of u know I want in the worse way to become a police officer. Well atleast i did. I havent wanted to be one since
I started the second semester at college. But I feel i have to go thru with it dude to the fact that I will let my parents down and most of all(JM will kno where im coming from) my dad will get his way.

Idk ill be around but not as much anymore.

maroman88
09-19-2006, 11:10 PM
i wanna be a cop too, good luck

qwikz28
09-19-2006, 11:18 PM
bro like i said earlier. let me know if theres anything i can do.

WildBillyT
09-19-2006, 11:21 PM
Wow, bad news for sure.

Not to sound like a jerk, but just make sure you learn from this experience.

Firebird67dude
09-19-2006, 11:31 PM
Wow, bad news for sure.

Not to sound like a jerk, but just make sure you learn from this experience.

LOL. na i see where ur coming from. Basicly im labeled in the sounds surounding me as a "bad kid" now. So i just drive fast but im always in control. Put another person in the car with me and i am one the the most responsible ppl. or iff i have a sibling in the car i cut the BS and drive right. But honestly how bout the cops around here deal with all the drugs thatb happen around here. I could very easily turn around and be a coke head are an alcoholic like most of the scum bag kids a round here. But im not. Those are the kids that deserve to get their balls busted not me. A while ago bergen cnty had the police training cat driving course open for public try and wat now. I did better than every cop in my town and i think thats why they have it out for me.

JL8Jeff
09-20-2006, 07:30 AM
Not to pick on you, but there are way too many people on this board that drive like maniacs and speed way to far over the limit. This is why our insurance rates are so high in NJ. You kids need to slow down, think and pay attention when you drive. No cell phones when driving as well. And don't forget, when NJ passes that camera law you'll be getting more tickets in the mail for going through lights, speeding, passing on the right. Seriously, you guys need to slow down before somebody pulls a Billy Lane!

79CamaroDiva
09-20-2006, 08:29 AM
Ok. First off, if anyone knows the deal between me and my friend Jacqui u know id do anything for her. She has been at college for about 3 wks and came home for the weekend. Basicly we got in a huge arguement and i just couldnt i honestly could yell at her so i took it out on the car.

ahahahahaa..... damn balls got you in trouble again....that will happen

sorry, i couldn't resist.

Firebird67dude
09-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Ok. first i dont run red lights thats just retarded. And passing on the right as in on the highway? everybody does it. But no right passing other than that or even double yellowing ppl. thats just plain crazy. I'll admit i drive fast but still i kno wat im doing.

chevyt454
09-20-2006, 12:08 PM
Jersey City might be a hell hole but at least the cops don't bust balls here! If I lived out there my licence would've been shredded long ago LOL

WildBillyT
09-20-2006, 12:35 PM
And passing on the right as in on the highway? everybody does it. But no right passing other than that or even double yellowing ppl. thats just plain crazy. I'll admit i drive fast but still i kno wat im doing.

Unfortunetly passing on the right is pretty much a necessity. If they ticketed people for not adhering to "drive right pass left" then we wouldn't have to do it.

JL8Jeff
09-20-2006, 01:05 PM
I wasn't referring to passing on the right on the highway. I was talking about people passing on the right when someone is waiting to make a left turn in front of you. That is illegal and if they pass that camera law you could get busted for it even if there isn't a cop around. 99% of the people in this state go through lights as they turn red and that's illegal too. Not coming to a complete stop before pulling out is another one. Basically put, the driving skills in this state suck and most people don't care either way. How many people still talk on the cell phone even though they know it's not legal? Take your time and stay safe people!

Tsar
09-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Not to pick on you, but there are way too many people on this board that drive like maniacs and speed way to far over the limit. This is why our insurance rates are so high in NJ. You kids need to slow down, think and pay attention when you drive. No cell phones when driving as well. And don't forget, when NJ passes that camera law you'll be getting more tickets in the mail for going through lights, speeding, passing on the right. Seriously, you guys need to slow down before somebody pulls a Billy Lane!
:roll: so far ive contributed 0 points to the great state of new jersey and it rewarded me with $92 insurance, not bad. how about we use our brains? ill be the first one to say that i do speed, a lot. however i know when i gotta slow down and i call that common sense.
I've passed people on the right on a regular steet with cops behind me, and NOTHING. Cops are people too, they wont give you a ticket unless u deserve one.
If you run a red light, then they should give u a ticket, **** if it was up to me id have people shot on the spot cuz one of the ******** who ran a red light killed my best friend.
How about old people stay off the highway, or stay to the right? cuz i hate going 25 in a 35. or 65 in the left lane.

Firebird67dude
09-21-2006, 03:03 PM
I figured out where i got my 10 points from. Hillsdale down pleaded to no points but decided to give me 4 points. Totaly sux. So figure 2 2 point tix and a speeding ticket from albanyt which is a 6 point ticket. How ling will i not have me DL for?

qwikz28
09-21-2006, 03:13 PM
they'll prob slap a 3 monther on you. i would take that point reduction course this weekend or asap if i could. that would help you more then you know

Firebird67dude
09-21-2006, 03:32 PM
Yea. I figure tho that i'll just take the brunt of it. That way ill have 3 mnths of cooling down and saving uo to make the car better. Then i figure ill actually put the MR2 on the road so then ill loose points. according to the letter i recived from NJDMV today its 3 point reduction for every yr. of no moving violatins. So im looking at just 4 yrs to get back down to like 9 points.

I suck.

JerzLT1
09-21-2006, 08:12 PM
its not illegal to pass on the right in NJ if the person is making a left hand turn with their blinker on.

Ian
09-21-2006, 08:56 PM
its not illegal to pass on the right in NJ if the person is making a left hand turn with their blinker on.

thats only if there is two lanes and they are in the left lane. if you have to drive around them on the shoulder, its illegal.

Brando56894
09-21-2006, 09:13 PM
And passing on the right as in on the highway? everybody does it. But no right passing other than that or even double yellowing ppl.

i got hit with a "passing on the right" ticket on the parkway cuz i was in the right lane and obviously passed a van on the right. its not a ******** little ticket, its 4 points. that ones still with me...

as for losing your liscence the first time isnt it only like a month or two?? :confused: i know each time after that its like a year, 2 years, 5 years, etc...