PDA

View Full Version : Q about deleting A/C

qwikz28
09-21-2006, 02:28 PM
just a very quick question. if i were to go about deleting the A/C out fo my car, what would the procedure be to reinstalling it? i'm assuming it would be as simple as reinstalling the condensor, coils, and plumbing, and then recharging. but my assumptions have failed me before so i figured i'd ask before i make any rash decisions.

aaaaannnnnnndddddd.... my heat will still work right? :lol:

Tru2Chevy
09-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Yes, as long as you don't damage anything when you take out the AC, you can just reinstall it and charge it and you'll be all set. The only issue with that is that sometimes compressors aren't happy about sitting idle for so long, and they tend to crap out soon after reinstall if they have been sitting for a while.

Yes, your heat will still work if you leave the blower motor, HVAC box, and heater core still in the car.

- Justin

qwikz28
09-21-2006, 02:53 PM
sounds good. thanks justin.

Mike
09-21-2006, 08:44 PM
defroster will work like ****......at least mine does

Savage_Messiah
09-24-2006, 04:37 PM
my defroster works fine... I use heat for it anyway (always have), i know some people use cold for it but i dont unserstand the thinking behind that

WayFast84
09-24-2006, 04:38 PM
****, I might not have heat!!!!!!

camaro2you
09-24-2006, 07:34 PM
rain-x anti fog is your friend.

qwikz28
09-24-2006, 07:37 PM
my defroster works fine... I use heat for it anyway (always have), i know some people use cold for it but i dont unserstand the thinking behind that
AC condenses air therefore eliminating fog. any temperature air works though and the car wont see much wet/foggy days anyways

Savage_Messiah
09-25-2006, 03:53 AM
meh, my thinking always is that windshield fog is close to frost and how do you get rid of frost? heat It's actually something I've tried on a few different cars... having it set on heat clears the fog faster everytime in my experiance.