PDA

View Full Version : "Kill" Vids

BonzoHansen
10-02-2006, 10:31 PM
You guys ok with these? Most sites I frequent are not, perhaps from a liability concern. Thoughts?

Bandit
10-02-2006, 10:34 PM
It's up to the owners of the board. If they consult a lawyer I would bet alot they would be deleted quickly.

BonzoHansen
10-02-2006, 10:37 PM
That is really who I am asking. :)

98tadriver
10-03-2006, 12:27 AM
from now on they will be called "Victory vids" :laugh:

j0n
10-03-2006, 02:23 PM
<--big fan of kill vids

NJSPEEDER
10-03-2006, 03:23 PM
we prefer to keep street racing discussions and evidence, such as videos, to a minimum. we do have several cops on the board and i am not jsut talking about the ones we all hang out with all teh time. there are a few officers that frequent this site as well as a few others looking for people to bust.
i am sure you understand why we aren't willing to actually host such videos on the site if they are not from an actual track. if you do however choose to link to some good footage that you happen to know about on streetfire, youtube, or any other hosting source, we don't mind.
i would suggest avoiding videos that show peoples faces or license plates clearly, and avoid the use of people's actual names(user handles are usualy fine :) )

this also brings up another question i was asked recently by a member, anyone think we have enough vids and pics being posted/linked to call for a multi media forum?

-later

Ian
10-03-2006, 05:31 PM
this also brings up another question i was asked recently by a member, anyone think we have enough vids and pics being posted/linked to call for a multi media forum?

-later

Alex (TA4life) alone has enough pics for a multimedia forum :lol:

I think it might be a good idea.

WayFast84
10-03-2006, 05:51 PM
vb garage like? or just a general album?

NJSPEEDER
10-03-2006, 06:23 PM
no, like a forum. like i implied when i used the word FORUM!!! lol :p

WayFast84
10-03-2006, 06:27 PM
no, like a forum. like i implied when i used the word FORUM!!! lol :p
Like a vb garage forum ;-) ;-)

NJSPEEDER
10-03-2006, 06:33 PM
vb garage is just a part of your profile, a forum is where people can post pics/vids AND talk to each other.

ar0ck
10-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Alex (TA4life) alone has enough pics for a multimedia forum :lol:

I think it might be a good idea.

I will destroy all. I have 2 CD's worth of F-Body pics, my own pictures and random ones I've collected off the internet.

Savage_Messiah
10-03-2006, 11:08 PM
:looks at FTV6:

posers :lol:

Tru2Chevy
10-04-2006, 09:25 AM
:looks at FTV6:

posers :lol:

Heh....are you trying to imply that they were the first car forum to ever have a multimedia section?

- Justin

AJP1987
10-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Seriously, if there are cops "patrolling" the forums looking for people to bust that is just sad, and it exemplifies the fact that they have absolutely nothing better to do. ( No offense to the cool cops that aren't out to bust balls. I know a few of them, but they're hard to come by these days. )

NJSPEEDER
10-04-2006, 01:31 PM
cops being around is a fact of pretty much any forum you can think of.
IMHO, if anything i think it shows they are doing their jobs. preventing people from being stupid enough to kill others does fall under their jurisdiction ya know. :)

98tadriver
10-04-2006, 09:00 PM
IMHO, if anything i think it shows they are doing their jobs. preventing people from being stupid enough to kill others does fall under their jurisdiction ya know. :)

any kind of racing isnt safe, even at the track. However, if people used their brains, and didn't race on a busy highway or city street with intersections and high traffic volume, it wouldnt be so bad. and how the hell do kids lose control of a FWD Honda? i mean come on now! :roll:

Bandit
10-04-2006, 09:24 PM

any kind of racing isnt safe, even at the track. However, if people used their brains, and didn't race on a busy highway or city street with intersections and high traffic volume, it wouldnt be so bad. and how the hell do kids lose control of a FWD Honda? i mean come on now! :roll:

Like you said any racing, something can happen. Doesn't matter what kind of car you have. Road conditions can cause many a car to do things you may not expect.

I was in a empty warehouse lot and thought I had plenty of room to play, my car did a burnout and I kept my foot in it and it hooked and swung me around in a blink of and eye and I was only a foot away from doing major damage.

I also gunned my car on a cold road on rt 70 and did a 180 into on coming traffic. If you're going to play then be able to pay any price if something happens.

NJSPEEDER
10-05-2006, 04:23 PM

it is more about the odds of something being catastrophic vs just an accident. with safety equipment and crews on site, better maintained surfaces, flatter surfaces, gaurdrails, and no oncoming traffic, it is easy to see why racing at the track is safer than racing on teh street.
add to that the thought that you will lose your license, car, and a few thousand bucks if you are convicted on teh street compared to the only ticket you get at teh track, the one you pay $20 for to get in.