PDA

View Full Version : Who might be down?

nj85z28
10-03-2006, 08:13 PM
I've come to the conclusion that I need a new engine in my SS Monte. I'm wondering right now if anyone in my general area may be down to give some helping hands and knowledge. I've never done a motor swap before, let alone im thinking of going to a TPI setup. I'm not asking for anything in stone, but maybe just a general idea of anyone that may be able to help out. I dont have a garage or anything which i know is a huge issue for some, so I can understand if no one is interested.

The Fixer
10-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Check out my website for plenty of pics and some info on the TPI conversion in my '88 Monte SS - www.bowtiepower.com. I'd be able to lend a helping hand in the springtime when the weather is better for doing a motor swap. I do all my work outside too, so I'm used to it. My garage is just big enough to park the car in.

Tru2Chevy
10-04-2006, 08:13 AM
If I have free time when you are getting ready to do the swap, I would be down to help. I don't know much about the fuel injection side of things, but I've pulled plenty of engines.

- Justin

nj85z28
10-04-2006, 04:05 PM
very cool. TPI monte, i was about to shoot you a PM last night for some tips and stuff. it would be so awesome if you guys would help when the time comes

V
10-04-2006, 04:33 PM
IF you do wanna go tpi, its pretty easy, just start lookign around for a gas tank from a 4.3l v6 efi monte carlo, with the sending unit/pump hanger with it. they are out there but not that easy to find.

I'd be willing to help as well, in time though. i built a tpi monte for my now ex-girlfriend, so im not too gun-ho to see another monte just yet.

nj85z28
10-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Ok so I'm pretty sure the date for the engine coming to my house is within the next 2 weeks or so. Is there anyone willing to give a helping hand with the swap? Id like to get the old engine/trans out and the new stuff in within one day Not necessarily running, just in. thats the biggest headache i forsee right now. Drop me a PM and let me know or post here. Thanks again

WayFast84
10-17-2006, 06:36 PM
im dizown

nj85z28
10-17-2006, 06:50 PM
anything that comes out of my monte's engine bay that i wont need is up for grabs for anyone who comes to help. i know wayfast has his name on a few parts already. its all up for grabs, that includes the current trans and motor once my new setup is in, just take it away please

j0n
10-17-2006, 07:02 PM
id be interested in lending a hand if i'm not working. What kind of tools do you have? do you have an engine hoist?

nj85z28
10-17-2006, 07:08 PM
i own very basic tools, but i WILL have an engine hoist there on that day. its going to be the 28/29. if anyone can bring tools or jacks that might help alot too. just so everyone knows, i did say that i dont have a garage or anything, so weather IS a factor for this.

Ian
10-17-2006, 08:13 PM
sorry, cant make it. I'll be driving back up from NC 8)

Knipps
10-17-2006, 09:06 PM
I would be down if I was in the area.. be a good learning experience
unfortuantely i'm all the way in ****ing boston....:evil::mad:

Tru2Chevy
10-17-2006, 10:04 PM
I'm still a maybe....post up when you get a definite date, and I'll be sure to give you a definite answer. :)

- Justin

Untamed
10-18-2006, 12:54 PM
If my wife didn't have our social calendar booked through Thanksgiving I'd be happy to help.

I even know where you live up there. 8-)

nj85z28
10-18-2006, 03:23 PM
If my wife didn't have our social calendar booked through Thanksgiving I'd be happy to help.

I even know where you live up there. 8-)

Thats true. How did those parts work out for ya?

Oh for those maybes, its looking like engine is getting pulled on the 28th and put in on the 29th (since thats when it will be at my house)

So far I've got Yes' from-

Wayfast
jOn

I'd like to see TPI MONTESS come and a few others if possible