PDA

View Full Version : My exhaust got messed up so i made a hybrid

Rich189
10-07-2006, 07:44 AM
well i have a stainless works exhaust and last night coming around a curve on the way to work going around a curve there was a large pice of blacktop in the middle of the road... there was a car in the other lane so i couldnt avoid it so i just hit the brakes and prayed and boom... nailed my exhaust where it hangs low. next morning i went to a friend of a friends shop and threw it up on a lift and looked and the good news is it didnt hit the chambered muffler in the i pipe it hit about 3 inches behind it crushing the pipe in pretty good. and for those of you that know my car it was kinda quiet so i had them take out the center muffler and just leave the 2 small ones in the tail pipes and replace the i pipe with straight pipe... now its not that loud but does sound much better. so it actually turned into a good thing as he only charged me 50 bucks to do it plus my tail pipes actually tuck up right under my bumper like they are supposed to and dont hang 2 inches low like they did before.

on a side note im thinking im thinking about selling the extra muffler but not sure yet its basically the whole i pipe so i beleive its 36 inch long chambered section 3 and 1/2 inch diameter so all you would need for a full cat back is a over axle and tail pipes

JL8Jeff
10-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Yeah, sure, you just happened to hit something and dent your I-pipe so you could remove it to make the car louder! :mrgreen: I'll never forget when I hit a big chunk of snow/ice with my 93 Indy 500 Pace Car. I had a larger trans pan and whack! Luckily it was a thick, cast aluminum pan and shattered that ice block with no damage. I used to get those parking lot counters stuck under that trans pan when I went to Flyers games too.

WayFast84
10-07-2006, 07:06 PM
nice, Id like to hear it. Did you ever get the leak fixed?

Rich189
10-07-2006, 07:55 PM
yea it ended up being the hose that goes to the air pump that was leaking.... and im just glad i didnt hit the muffler as its a 165 bucks for the muffler itself it coulda been much worse anyway if it hit my trans pan or something like that

unstable bob gable
10-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Glad to hear ya made out OK. :)