PDA

View Full Version : Uploaded Documents

Untamed
10-18-2006, 09:16 AM
Spawned from the 400ci discussion in the tech section, will there be a way to upload documents in the newer version of these forums once the switch happens?

Over the past year we've chatted about putting together a tech section, similar to TGO's with their helpful hints and such, so we can capture people's knowledge and pass it on. I don't recall reading about this in the newsletter about the changes (though my memory is definately fuzzy).

I imagine uploaded documents could take up a lot of space, so maybe find a way to at least C/P stuff from documents into a webpage?

Sorry, rehashing an old discussion but one I am still very interested in.

Tru2Chevy
10-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Space will not be an issue on the new server, we will have 50 GB of storage space on the server to use :)

The tech section is something that we would still very much like to incorporate into the site, but getting switched over to the new server and getting the forum software upgraded and functional in the next week and a half is top priority at the moment.

The tech section is on our "Early 2007" to-do list.....

- Justin

Untamed
10-18-2006, 10:07 AM
Cool thanks. Picking people's brains around here is what has helped me so far. I'd like to DL tech articles and bring them to the car to try out, instead of bothering folks on their cellphones. :)