PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Monthly/Regional Meet Suggestions

NJSPEEDER
10-24-2006, 05:45 PM
hey gang,
i am starting to lay out the 2007 calendar of club events and i wanted to hear your suggestions on places to go or activities that you would like to see.
some suggestions i have already gotten include holding another club dyno day, a ski trip, bbq's, and of course going back to the texas roadhouse :)
we will also be working on the f-body clash and east coast nats again

anything else you guys wanna see us do at our monthly meets?

Rich189
10-24-2006, 06:10 PM
hmm gonna have to think about it but id like to go to the ny or philly car show next year as i missed out this year due to overtime

WayFast84
10-24-2006, 06:51 PM
a beach meet for tsar..

lets go to a devils game!!

ar0ck
10-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Defenitly an official beach meet in the summer. And more Park BBQ type trips with the nicer weather. Don't forget the NY Auto Show, and any other car related events that go on during the entire year.

WayFast84
10-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Defenitly an official beach meet in the summer. And more Park BBQ type trips with the nicer weather. Don't forget the NY Auto Show, and any other car related events that go on during the entire year.

:bow: and maybe a central vs north football game and the southerns are picked out of hat?:rollseye:

Tsar
10-24-2006, 08:01 PM
a beach meet for tsar..

lets go to a devils game!!
wow for once i agree with wayfast :rofl:

and ski trip in january! ohh and me and someone else expessed interest in a football game, i would like to kick some ass.

NJSPEEDER
10-24-2006, 08:08 PM
we were lookin at early/mid february for the ski trip idea. :)

a beach meet would be nice. it is just a matter of finding someplace that doesn't cost a fortune that would still allow us to do anything that resembles fun. the chances of having any sort of BBQ or adult beverages on a beach in new jersey are basically zero without a large deposit and permit fees.
one variation of the beach idea was to get set up someplace ocean front to eat/hang out/use as a starting point. that sound interesting?

a meet specifically to play football? thats not gonna happen as long as i am the one who can get sued when someone gets hurt, and i am very sure someone would get hurt.

NJSPEEDER
10-24-2006, 08:12 PM

NYIAS is definately gonna be a group trip again and we will be going to duke island and a few other parks during the nice spring and summer weather.

intereting you would mention the other car events. there had been some discussion in the past of setting up convoys so that we coudl hit major f-body and muscle car gatherings together.
i coudl get in touch with the clubs and companies that run a lot of the gatherings and see who will set aside space so we can all park together. maybe we can even hit up summer carlisle or some other large shows in force.
is that something everyone would like to see?

Tsar
10-24-2006, 08:35 PM
um..have a people sign a waiver for football, but ehh i dont really care.

and yes we can cruise to some non-lame car shows.

WayFast84
10-24-2006, 08:37 PM
Come to the JPS car show, we need fbody to represent!!

NJSPEEDER
10-24-2006, 08:43 PM
one big thing about getting to car shows as a group is to have the dates on our calendar. as soon as you guys start hearing dates locked in for shows, get them to em and i will get them posted up

WayFast84
10-24-2006, 08:47 PM
one big thing about getting to car shows as a group is to have the dates on our calendar. as soon as you guys start hearing dates locked in for shows, get them to em and i will get them posted up
sure thing!!

BonzoHansen
10-24-2006, 09:01 PM
Skiing, or a game, or something like that are real good ideas for side trips, no doubt; I might even have interest in either. In fact, the January deal could be renting a lux box at the Trenton ‘Devils’ game. But it might be nice to keep actual meets in the area or more accessible.

Cars should be driven. I keep thinking about how mini 'power tours' might be a cool idea. Like long one day cruises that don’t really go that far, say like 3 1-to-2-hour legs to general destinations (parks, restaurants, etc.). Start somewhere around 9AM, ride for an hour or two for lunch. Then maybe cruise to the next ‘stop’, where we could grab dinner. And then maybe head to a local cruise night somewhere. Something like that. I was thinking about it driving home from Island last August while I followed a few fellow f-body owners home that day. Plus Power Tour was way fun.

Day trips: Delaware Camaro show in June, Maple Grove Super Chevy in July (sorry Poncho guys).
Longer trips (i.e. days): Ocean City MD spring/fall shows, GM Carlisle.

We could just sit down with a map & a calendar and bounce ideas around. We just need to deal with things like holidays (even NA$CAR takes Mother’s Day off) and other popular car events (like GM Carlisle or swap meet).

All I know is, to do so much, you guys are going to need help. It would be nice to do something every month, or every 6 weeks, but that has to be tough. I suppose this is why no mods have running cars. :) Maybe you could get some help for some of these day deals so you can work on the bigger deals (Nats, etc.). Jeff has nothing to do, give him jobs. :razz:

WayFast84
10-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Skiing, or a game, or something like that are real good ideas for side trips, no doubt; I might even have interest in either. In fact, the January deal could be renting a lux box at the Trenton ‘Devils’ game. But it might be nice to keep actual meets in the area or more accessible.

Cars should be driven. I keep thinking about how mini 'power tours' might be a cool idea. Like long one day cruises that don’t really go that far, say like 3 1-to-2-hour legs to general destinations (parks, restaurants, etc.). Start somewhere around 9AM, ride for an hour or two for lunch. Then maybe cruise to the next ‘stop’, where we could grab dinner. And then maybe head to a local cruise night somewhere. Something like that. I was thinking about it driving home from Island last August while I followed a few fellow f-body owners home that day. Plus Power Tour was way fun.

Day trips: Delaware Camaro show in June, Maple Grove Super Chevy in July (sorry Poncho guys).
Longer trips (i.e. days): Ocean City MD spring/fall shows, GM Carlisle.

We could just sit down with a map & a calendar and bounce ideas around. We just need to deal with things like holidays (even NA$CAR takes Mother’s Day off) and other popular car events (like GM Carlisle or swap meet).

All I know is, to do so much, you guys are going to need help. It would be nice to do something every month, or every 6 weeks, but that has to be tough. I suppose this is why no mods have running cars. :) Maybe you could get some help for some of these day deals so you can work on the bigger deals (Nats, etc.). Jeff has nothing to do, give him jobs. :razz:

:bow: good idea up in this hizzle!! make jeff a mod!! he has one non runing fbody thats good enough!!

BonzoHansen
10-24-2006, 09:12 PM
:) I didn't mean make him a mod!

IROCdan330
10-24-2006, 09:12 PM
how about a visit dan in florida meet? come on now we could all go on ET the ride.

NJSPEEDER
10-24-2006, 09:13 PM
to be honest, the biggest problem we have had with meets is just that things weren't being planned far enough out. we have only been operating on a 4-6 week lead time for most of the events. that is something that is changing. we already have plans for 3+ months from now getting put together.

i do agree that the cars shodl be driven, but that isn't really the only intended focus of our club meets. the get togethers we try to plan are more social functions than specifically to see the cars.
we eat inside at the restaurants, so if it is raining, just drive your beater and hang out. if it si nice out, bring your car and hang out. either way we always manage to have a good time.

small tours are always fun. we have talked to the admins of the first state club about doing something together along those lines, and a few members have brought up the idea of a poker run too. we will see what we can get together. we also have contacts in different parts of pa and ny that we coudl have fun meeting up with.
definately day trips to the different major shows within a few hours of the state lines will be put together this year. i already have a few events to get onto the calendar that i would love to cruise into as a group.

dates in respect to holidays and other major f-body/muscle car events is a big problem we have. although we are a good sized club we are no where near large enough in terms of membership or finances to just tell people when we want to use their facilities. so we are somewhat subject to what is available or what gets offered to us.
we can influence this problem if more people get out to the meets. it is jsut hard to really push a restaurant or track or anything like that when attendence varies between 10 and 50 regardless of how many people say they are going to show up.

BonzoHansen
10-24-2006, 09:29 PM
With respect to holidays and such, that is just a programming note. I'm not thinking as big as facilities. Just for any ole' event, even a local thing. Like Father's day last year. Having something cool to do is tough if a bunch of us can't go. That's all.

And don't be afraid to ask for help!

WayFast84
10-24-2006, 09:36 PM
:) I didn't mean make him a mod!
so? he lives in ewing and has one non runing fbody, he fits the credentials pretty good if you ask me!

Im trying to think what its called, maybe a scavanger hunt is what its called but

a team of people in a car, a list of things to get or do, and who ever completes the list first wins?

jimmyboy8301
10-24-2006, 09:59 PM
NYC trip around christmas time

BonzoHansen
10-24-2006, 10:25 PM
Maybe we could hookup with the Maryland Camaro Club. :)
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/2039000-2039999/2039300_30_full.jpg
http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66696

That is a beautiful picture.

Savage_Messiah
10-24-2006, 10:49 PM
Dave and Busters meet in West Nyack, not technically in NJ but it's only like 10 min past the border we'd still all have a lot of fun

Knipps
10-24-2006, 10:52 PM
Dave and Busters meet in West Nyack, not technically in NJ but it's only like 10 min past the border we'd still all have a lot of fun

that place is good but games are mad expensive...

Rich189
10-25-2006, 02:46 AM
NYC trip around christmas time

u wanna head up to nyc one day soon im game jimmy.... i havent been there in awhile

but a beach meet and more club bbq's is a good idea so was the dave and busters meet only thing to take into consideration there is lots of people under 21 so make sure to have enough over 25 to get everyone in.... my favorite idea though is the mini power tour... or maybe even just like a cruise up into the mountains or something a nice scenic ride

Untamed
10-25-2006, 09:35 AM
I like the mini long haul idea, starting in one point within NJ and ending up somewhere else in the afternoon / evening for a meal. A few stops along the way for photo shoots in various places gives us both destinations and chances to meet with each other when we aren't driving. It also gives several places for other people to jump into the mini haul if they don;t start out first thing in the morning with the rest of the group. People can come and go from the mini haul depending on where they live. This, of course, requirs some good planning so that the approximate times for arriving at each location can be given out.

I also like the idea of meeting other clubs for a few hours outside of the state. Delaware, PA, NY... if they are willing to travel close to our borders we can cross it and get to know some of the folks around us. This will go a long way towards showing how interested / dedicated NJFBOA is towards multi-club meets and/or a racing series. I think some of the guys in eastern PA are trying to organize their own club. Check out TGO for more info.

Personally I think events that don't have to run all day are best. The monthly meets in parks, the beach, mini haul, and so on are great for folks who need to come and go without feeling like they should be there the entire time. Those of us with kids have a short attention span and shorter patience, so spending 1-3 hours with the group at least gets us the chance to say hi and enjoy being around the cars we like. Folks who have nothing better to do than hang out can still do that before or after the event itself.

There's my $.02

EDIT: I think Route 206 would be perfect for a mini haul. Runs a decent distance from north to south and has plenty of urban and suburban scenage for pictures, getting gasoline, food, etc along the way.

Tru2Chevy
10-25-2006, 09:36 AM
Tons of good ideas here guys!

I too am a big fan of park-type meets. Duke Island Park was lots of fun, and there are so many more places like that around the state.

- Justin

NJSPEEDER
10-25-2006, 02:25 PM

and it wouldn't be open to all ages. that is one of the criteria for our meets, to be open to families. D&B is a good time, but there is no way a meet is happening there with all the restrictions.

NJSPEEDER
10-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Maybe we could hookup with the Maryland Camaro Club. .

a few weeks ago i went through nastyz28, the ACC home page, hemmings, POCI, the national trans am club, and a few others and collected contact info for a ton of clubs.
our outreach program to other states/clubs is going to expand a ton this coming year. :D
expect to see a lot of meets get bigger, especailly the clash and nats. :D

V
10-25-2006, 04:39 PM
I know i'm probably gonna get flamed for this, lol, but ever consider some type of meet(more like group activity) where we maybe volunteer doing something or helping out another group or cause? like a food/clothing/toy drive thing where we are the go between people for a larger organization, or a car show where the registration fees benifit a cause. This may or may not be possible or feasible, but its something that should be considered i think.

NJSPEEDER
10-25-2006, 05:03 PM
that is a great idea. as charity car shows and events come up i will try to get teh word out to see who is interested. good call paul

BonzoHansen
10-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Good idea. We don't need anyone who would flame you for that idea. Kudos.

Tru2Chevy
10-26-2006, 10:17 AM
We did try holding a charity car show once, but the only member that showed up with an F-body was Brian (NP_00'TA).

- Justin

qwikz28
10-26-2006, 10:27 AM
personally, i like the car related meets. (i.e. dyno day, bbq track rental, etc)

as for my .02, anyone down for a club meet to a show? like a dave matthews concert? :lol: jk of course