PDA

View Full Version : figured out why my car is lacking power!

98tadriver
10-25-2006, 10:23 PM
well, my best time 12.52 @ 111mph 1.83 60' on street tires

now, when i ran at the track a couple weeks ago, 12.66 @ 109mph 1.85 60'
but that time i had my LS6 intake, a cut out and drag radials. im like what the f gives here? i should be faster with those mods!!

So i ran hp tuners tonight, and took the T/A for a ride down the road. i had it scan for a lil while; a "knock sensor circuit voltage low" code pops up. I noticed on the historogram from 3,000 RPM all the way to redline, theres 4 degrees of knock retard :roll: Theres no Kr at any other time, just at WOT from 3k all the way to redline. im thinking that would have something to do with my lack of power and slower times that would effect my times even from the start, because i launch at 4500+RPM.

I cant wait till i get my transmission back from T56 rebuilds so I can go get my car tuned by Bill, and he can save the day! lol

foff667
10-26-2006, 08:33 AM
bwahaha...the infamous 4* of False knock mod for 98's...one thing I will say is check for any pinched wires when you did the LS6 install...cuz the only thing I can do about that code is desensitize the knock sensors which is not what you want ;)

BTW 98's from the factory put a limit on how much KR it can administer...guess what its 4*

98tadriver
10-27-2006, 09:09 AM
lol looks like i will pull the LS6 intake off again then. well it shouldnt take as long this time since ive done it once before, and it will be well worth it. just curious, is 4* really killing my performance that bad? it does it from 3k all the way to redline in every gear