PDA

View Full Version : !A.I.R. on LS1, question....

V
10-29-2006, 01:41 PM
ok, i'm gonna be deleting the A.I.R. system on my LS1, I already got the "race" headers without the air tubes. When it gets tuned, the electrical part will be taken care of, but, i still have one last concern.

There is a small vacuum line coming from the back of the intake manifold. That runs to a solenoid above the passenger side valvecover, then a vacuum line goes from that solenoid to what i assume is some type of diaphram activated diverter(for the AIR lines). If its deleted out of the ecm, this solenoid should be inactive correct? and therefore i can remove it. If so, then i would assume, i just plug the vacuum line right where it comes out of the manifold securely and that should be it right?

Here is the pic of the large AIR lines, you trace the small vacuum line from the top of the diverter to the solenoid, then to the back of the manifold.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d50/SmokingSS/airdelete.jpg

GrandmasterCow
11-02-2006, 12:18 AM
hah nvm i did

enRo
11-02-2006, 02:09 AM
I removed the whole entire thing and plugged the vaccuum line... but eh im re-installing it cuz the smell of no cats and AIR is giving me headaches. I love the smell but its just too much lmao