PDA

View Full Version : Coolant Additive?

ar0ck
11-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Does coolant additive actually work?

qwikz28
11-01-2006, 10:43 AM
Does coolant additive actually work?

that red wetter stuff helped my car a lot.

Savage_Messiah
11-01-2006, 10:53 AM
you mean redline water wetter? :p

ar0ck
11-01-2006, 12:21 PM
I don't remember making this post :lol:

Yeah the redline stuff, saw it in the back of a magazine, probably going to pick it up in a few minutes.

Tsar
11-01-2006, 12:25 PM
is that like "evans waterless coolant" or something like that? cuz it says it cant be used with electric water pumps, plus some other things. or its completely different?

Tru2Chevy
11-01-2006, 12:57 PM
It's different. the stuff he is talking about is just an additive....

http://www.redlineoil.com/products_coolant.asp

- Justin

WildBillyT
11-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Yes, it works. It probably works by dropping the surface tension of the coolant/water mix.

ar0ck
11-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Im going to go pick some up right now, and see if it helps as a temporary solution. Tommorow Im putting another thermostat into the car.

johnjzjz
11-01-2006, 05:02 PM
The skinny on water is wetter is is very simple -- any metal that is heated has air bubbles that attach them selves to the block surface -- the additive has a surfactant it makes the water hence the name ( wetter ) i was always who knows but at a trade show i had stopped buy their set up - red line - and watched a demo on it -- cardboard a is repellent to water it beads up and runs off when you add the surfactant it becomes a tissue is soaks instantly so in an engine the water that attachés its self to the block walls because its wetter kind of like paint removes more temp from the engine -- BUT it will make your cars heater not work as well even with a 195 thermo -- we used left over stuff from the race car in one of the trucks and the heater almost stopped working till we changed it back to regular anti / water mix -- just my experience on the subject --- jz

NightRydaSS
11-03-2006, 09:41 AM
so if im reading this right; it will make the car run a lil more cooler but makes your heater not as efficient or not he hot at all?

WildBillyT
11-03-2006, 09:58 AM
so if im reading this right; it will make the car run a lil more cooler but makes your heater not as efficient or not he hot at all?

Anything that lowers your operating temperatures will make your heater not as effective, since it runs off of engine coolant through the heater core.

Bandit
11-03-2006, 11:34 AM
I thought its only good with water only, will not work with anti-freeze. Even says it on the bottle I think.

WildBillyT
11-03-2006, 11:37 AM
I thought its only good with water only, will not work with anti-freeze. Even says it on the bottle I think.

Nope, check the last line:

Bandit
11-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Nope, check the last line:

Ok, guess its been awhile since I used that stuff.