PDA

View Full Version : Announcement

foff667
11-04-2006, 12:21 AM
This will be my last month tuning cars for a while guys...Im gonna finish up the few full tunes I have on my schedule for the next 3 or 4 weeks and then im done for a while I think...Im gonna have Justin/Tim take down the banner at the end of this month even though Im paid through part of next year.

Obviously im not going anywhere so if you guys need something minimal let me know & I'll see what I can do and for all my former customers as well as friends I'll hook you up as needed as usual, but for now no new customers.

My site will come down at the end of this month so everyone is aware.

I might start back up in the spring or summer of 07' but im undecided as to what I want to do about that...once my software company comes up with its new pricing structure I'll see where that leads me.

Thank you to all my past & current customers...its been a great run & I had alot of fun but im burnt out from dealing with the little things right now & just need a break.

Thanks
Bill

V
11-04-2006, 12:35 AM
oh... this is a predicament...

any recommendations of other tuners after you stop?

qwikz28
11-04-2006, 07:55 AM
PM sent :(

JerzLT1
11-04-2006, 09:02 AM
bleh just as i get the title for my TA

Batman
11-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Good luck Bill
-Nick

GrandmasterCow
11-05-2006, 10:38 PM
nooooooo

Rich189
11-06-2006, 07:26 AM
sorry to here bill i hope ya start back up in the spring

jimmyboy8301
11-06-2006, 06:10 PM
what happened bill?

foff667
11-06-2006, 06:57 PM
Alot of reasons but I will say I've done the same in the past...take last year for example I didnt take any tuning gigs from September through Late January...which I think is about the time I did your tune if i remember correctly ;)

Unfortunatly I don't have a comfy garage to work out of and rolling in snow to install a wideband isnt my preference.

There are alot of other reasons that I really don't want to get into on a public forum, but definitly nothing "fishy" or what have you thats for sure.

Like I said maybe come summertime I'll start back up, but for now Im just gonna concentrate on helping some people tune their own cars for a dinner and gas money here & there and nothing more. That in itself is more gradifying then tuning other peoples cars in my eyes.

jimmyboy8301
11-06-2006, 07:33 PM
lol yea i hear ya. yea you did mine in late january. i remember that day very very well lol. for good and bad (not you for bad)

V
11-06-2006, 07:52 PM
well can you recommed someone else?...i'm sorta in a bind now

foff667
11-06-2006, 08:39 PM
I would recommend you...in all honesty tuning software is probably the best investment you can ever make for yourself...no need to call your tuner for a gear change, or that thermostat change, or if you swap cams or go with an FI setup after 6 months of getting bored with a cam only package.

Unlike most mods you'll do to your vehicle tuning software grows with you rather then you growing out of it.

V
11-06-2006, 08:45 PM
buying a laptop and the software for a one time tune doesnt make sense to me.

foff667
11-06-2006, 08:51 PM
if you never plan on buying another vehicle I understand...just keep in mind most tuning software/hardware packages such as the one I use allow you to tune up to 4 vehicles with your initial purchase ;)

Meaning ok you've got your SS now...maybe a year from now you get a vette you could tune that...then say you pick up a cheap 98 TA you could tune that...then a couple of years you pick up a truck with a blower you could tune that and all with no further outlay of cash.

Again its up to you, but theres no one in the state of NJ that I would recommend going to...I have faith in my tuning abilities & am always more then willing to show people how to tune. But there are only a handful of people I would let touch my own cars now let alone tune them and none of those guys are in Jersey.

V
11-06-2006, 09:00 PM
i am moving out and buying a house in a year, so that means no more mods to my SS anymore, and no toys, with a mortage and the expenses of a house basically im done with my car hobby for several years. i just wanted to get my ss driveable, but perhaps now ill look into selling the motor and putting a stock pos back into it.

JerzLT1
11-06-2006, 11:55 PM
bill anytime you wanna show me how to tune my TA and teach me a few things id be up for the drive. dinner, gas money, case of beer... knowledge is priceless

GrandmasterCow
11-07-2006, 12:53 AM
bill anytime you wanna show me how to tune my TA and teach me a few things id be up for the drive. dinner, gas money, case of beer... knowledge is priceless

same here man, but if u can either assist with tuning,t une, or give pointer for FI tuning :)

BonzoHansen
11-07-2006, 06:19 AM
i am moving out and buying a house in a year, so that means no more mods to my SS anymore, and no toys, with a mortage and the expenses of a house basically im done with my car hobby for several years. i just wanted to get my ss driveable, but perhaps now ill look into selling the motor and putting a stock pos back into it.Man, welcome to the greatly reduced discretionary spending club.

Batman
11-07-2006, 08:30 AM
oh... this is a predicament...

any recommendations of other tuners after you stop?

Rapid Motorsports and TTP.

foff667
11-07-2006, 08:33 PM
i am moving out and buying a house in a year, so that means no more mods to my SS anymore, and no toys, with a mortage and the expenses of a house basically im done with my car hobby for several years. i just wanted to get my ss driveable, but perhaps now ill look into selling the motor and putting a stock pos back into it.

if you just want to get it drivable I'll do it for free if you can get it down here. Putting a decent base tune in a car is easy.

qwikz28
11-07-2006, 11:16 PM
if you just want to get it drivable I'll do it for free if you can get it down here. Putting a decent base tune in a car is easy.

thats what i was looking for as well bill. how long will that take? i just wanna be able to start it and drive around after i finish the build

foff667
11-08-2006, 08:45 AM
22 seconds.

Frosty
11-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Wow man that sucks.

Good luck to you. I hope everything is ok.

I just got my Vette too, time to find a tuner now.

ChickenLittle
12-16-2006, 06:17 PM
aww man, you didn't mention that when I saw you...good luck bro, but hey, i'll still see you in the spring with a new toy :D

foff667
12-16-2006, 08:12 PM
yeah Im still taking care of all my current/previous customers :cheers: