PDA

View Full Version : Chat?

WildBillyT
11-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Do we have the capabilities for an on-board chat room?

Knipps
11-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Do we have the capabilities for an on-board chat room?

most people on here have aim, we could do one on there if not

but sounds like a good idea

WayFast84
11-05-2006, 08:33 PM
so njfboa chat on aim go there now...

WildBillyT
11-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Yeah, some other sites I'm on have it built into the forum, so you can see if anyone's in there, etc...

Tru2Chevy
11-05-2006, 09:35 PM
See here: http://www.njfboa.org/forums//showthread.php?t=19580

Flashchat was brought up before, and we are planning to have it installed here and running within the next few weeks. :)

- Justin

Knipps
11-05-2006, 09:38 PM
justin, there's a load of people on aim right now

WildBillyT
11-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Cool, thanks Justin!

Savage_Messiah
11-07-2006, 12:45 AM
aim is slwo and laggy as ****

flashchat is very very FTMFW

WildBillyT
01-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Um... bump?

Knipps
01-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Um... bump?

:werd:

what happened to a few weeks?

Tru2Chevy
01-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Sorry about the lack of updates on this.....my bad guys. Chat rooms tend to be very server intensive, and as a result, many hosting providers do not allow them per their user agreement.

Our host, KnownHost, does ask that we don't use them, however I know others that also use the same host for their vB boards, and they have installed Flashchat without any issues. I've been talking to different people with similar sized boards about how their server was impacted by Flashchat, and it looks like it's not too bad.

We are still planning on proceeding with the installation of Flashchat, however if it does end up putting a strain on the server we will have to uninstall it and wait for a newer version of Flashchat to come out that is coded differently. The new version promises to be far less server intensive.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy
01-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Sorry about the lack of updates on this.....my bad guys. Chat rooms tend to be very server intensive, and as a result, many hosting providers do not allow them per their user agreement.

Our host, KnownHost, does ask that we don't use them, however I know others that also use the same host for their vB boards, and they have installed Flashchat without any issues. I've been talking to different people with similar sized boards about how their server was impacted by Flashchat, and it looks like it's not too bad.

We are still planning on proceeding with the installation of Flashchat, however if it does end up putting a strain on the server we will have to uninstall it and wait for a newer version of Flashchat to come out that is coded differently. The new version promises to be far less server intensive.

- Justin