PDA

View Full Version : yo - dynomax bullet race mufflers

Kid Racer
11-07-2006, 06:04 PM
:evil: whats up every one well i finaly decide too juss buy some dynomax bullet race muffler and build my own exhaust..ima buy some 3 inch tubing and bend it and all my self ...cause no one does it so...

V
11-07-2006, 10:55 PM
how do u plan on bending 3" tubing yourself? im curious

98tadriver
11-07-2006, 10:58 PM
how do u plan on bending 3" tubing yourself? im curious

I too am intrigued! FWIW jay, theres a shop right down the road from me, by JJ's that might bend the pipe or maybe even install it for ya! cant remember if i told ya dude

Kid Racer
11-07-2006, 11:07 PM
yeah i do...well first off my uncle is a welder and a fabercater and he has a pip bender...and yeah ron u told me that man...but weather or not they will do it with cats or not i dont know..i thought about taking aride down there but so far every one else wanted like 700 800 for it so i figured i would do it my self and all cause i want dauls..

JerzLT1
11-08-2006, 01:10 PM
only way a shop will chance putting an exhaust with no cats on a car is if you take the inspection sticker out of the window first. its a big fine if they get caught doing it with the sticker. but most will weld you one up and youll just have to put it on yourself which isnt all that hard. and if you live near Ron and your cool with him maybe ill take a ride down one day and we can throw it up for ya. shouldnt take too long

98tadriver
11-08-2006, 05:38 PM
yeah i can weld lol it might not be the prettiest thing, but get me a welder and ill get er done lol

WildBillyT
11-08-2006, 06:28 PM
yeah i do...well first off my uncle is a welder and a fabercater and he has a pip bender...and yeah ron u told me that man...but weather or not they will do it with cats or not i dont know..i thought about taking aride down there but so far every one else wanted like 700 800 for it so i figured i would do it my self and all cause i want dauls..

Does he have mandrels for said bender?

Knipps
11-08-2006, 07:53 PM
Does he have mandrels for said bender?

hey to keep up with the way things have been going you have too many vowels in there...

DaSkinnyGuy
03-24-2007, 12:30 AM
SO has anyone hear heard the bullet in person? I heard they are not street legal and want to know how loud they really are. If you got any vids of the exhaust post the link here.

WayFast84
03-24-2007, 07:57 AM
http://www.fquick.com/videos/viewvideo.php?id=114 for a v6 idk, but stevethepirate, had/has tsp rumbler on his 6, and it sounds good and that uses a bullet

johnjzjz
03-24-2007, 09:00 AM
SO has anyone hear heard the bullet in person? I heard they are not street legal and want to know how loud they really are. If you got any vids of the exhaust post the link here.

they are super loud its a 3 inch can 12 inches long with the smallest of nibs to stop ?? not sound -- we put them on the race cars to be NHRA divisional legal ( it has mufflers) rule -- jz

DaSkinnyGuy
03-24-2007, 10:11 PM
Wayfast - i wouldnt put these on a v6 its just to know that they sound like on a V8 and I have headers, high flow cat, and flowmaster 80 series and i like the way it sounds. And where do you buy the TSP rumbler?

Johnjzjz- do you know what the Decimal reading is from one of those bullets?

WildBillyT
03-25-2007, 07:54 AM
Wayfast - i wouldnt put these on a v6 its just to know that they sound like on a V8 and I have headers, high flow cat, and flowmaster 80 series and i like the way it sounds. And where do you buy the TSP rumbler?

It's decibel, or dB. And what distance are you measuring at?

WayFast84
03-25-2007, 09:07 AM
basically they are real loud, and not street legal, I was going to get them just because of the price, but now Im rethinking it and will just get quieter mufflers

bubba428
03-25-2007, 09:40 AM
dude just take it to petersons in egg harbor city...they'll make that car sound better than you could ever imagine

DaSkinnyGuy
03-25-2007, 09:21 PM
It's decibel, or dB. And what distance are you measuring at?

Thats what i thought and i am talking about CA standards at 30 feet at a 40 degree angle I think thats how they test it in CA.

WildBillyT
03-25-2007, 09:31 PM
Thats what i thought and i am talking about CA standards at 30 feet at a 40 degree angle I think thats how they test it in CA.

But what is the dB max you are allowed? That's what determines "street legal". I've tested OPEN LS1 exhausts that were within dB requirements.

johnjzjz
03-26-2007, 08:37 AM
i think its 93 db but that is the race track -- my guess what may not be too loud on broad st in Newark in the middle of the day is too loud for a cop in Essex fells at 10 pm -- just a side note seems like a 100 years ago when i was younger and when street racing in NYC was the real deal and everyone did it -- the hook to winning money street racing was a quiet car it sounded almost stock ( cept for thr roller ) hahahahahh loud does not make fast only look at me -- jz

WildBillyT
03-26-2007, 12:29 PM
i think its 93 db but that is the race track -- my guess what may not be too loud on broad st in Newark in the middle of the day is too loud for a cop in Essex fells at 10 pm -- just a side note seems like a 100 years ago when i was younger and when street racing in NYC was the real deal and everyone did it -- the hook to winning money street racing was a quiet car it sounded almost stock ( cept for thr roller ) hahahahahh loud does not make fast only look at me -- jz

Yep, it depends on the area. Usually a bullet will be OK at idle or part throttle but when you go WFO you may attract some attention.

Skinnyguy, you will probably be fine. I have a loudmouth exhaust on my GTP (basically the same thing) and I am fine. There is a lot of drone but I've never gotten in any trouble with any police over the noise.

NJSPEEDER
03-26-2007, 03:02 PM

db would have a lot of otehr factors invovled as well. where it is measured, where the pipes face, and how big the engine/cam are in the car.
i am pretty sure the NHRA uses the same 95db max rule that is applied in federal highway law.

DaSkinnyGuy
03-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Yea 95db max is what CA street legal is.