PDA

View Full Version : Best Tune for a LS1

Njgunslinger
11-20-2006, 07:48 AM
I had my car tuned by Bill, the Tuning doctor: http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/
and I cant begin to tell you the difference on how the car runs after all the mods i have done to the car.
After getting work done and tuned by TTP, the car has run like crap and I was not a happy camper.
But since bill tuned the car, damn the car runs smooth as can be with the head cam package I have making the power I still wanted.
I drove almost hundred miles each way twice to drop it off and pick it up and it was well worth the trip!

1984camaroz28
11-20-2006, 06:18 PM
u shoudl put it on the dyno and see how much u actualy picked up......

foff667
11-20-2006, 07:59 PM
I would say bring it to the track to see how much you actually picked up ;) but in all seriousness I don't think he was going for peak #'s and neither do I...you drive your car 99.9% of the time on the street, not a dyno, not the track...so where would you like it to perform best?

Thankfully though he was my last tune for a while, but anyone that would like to learn exactly how I tune & why give me a hollar im more then willing to help people tune now.

98tadriver
11-20-2006, 08:11 PM
I would say bring it to the track to see how much you actually picked up ;) but in all seriousness I don't think he was going for peak #'s and neither do I...you drive your car 99.9% of the time on the street, not a dyno, not the track...so where would you like it to perform best?

Thankfully though he was my last tune for a while, but anyone that would like to learn exactly how I tune & why give me a hollar im more then willing to help people tune now.

:werd: all i need is my dang transmission (hopefully getting this friday or this weekend) and will install it IF my mcleod bellhousing and release bearing come in too!