PDA

View Full Version : Going to check out a Corvette on Monday

NLinnear
11-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Hopefully, its not a waste of time (and my car actually makes it lol)

Tag alongs welcome

Frosty
11-25-2006, 11:26 PM
What are the details on it?

NLinnear
11-26-2006, 12:52 AM
Well, I just did a Carfax on it I'll tell you that I am not making the trip unless Carfax screwed up somehow.

maroman88
11-26-2006, 01:29 AM
were guna need a little copy and paste of that car fax!

Bandit
11-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Well, I just did a Carfax on it I'll tell you that I am not making the trip unless Carfax screwed up somehow.

CarFax is not the best, I've had 15K in damage on one of my Honda's and the carfax report showed it was clean.

You need to find someone in GM to run the vin in there system and if you know any police in the state the car is in and run the plate and vin.

Knipps
11-26-2006, 06:24 PM

were guna need a little copy and paste of that car fax!

:werd:

Fast92RS
11-26-2006, 07:14 PM
Car fax only works if the car did have an accident that was reported. If the car was in an accident and was fixed with out any report it will not show up on the carfax report.

NLinnear
11-26-2006, 11:47 PM
Carfax reported frame damage. I am trying to get details. Most likely not getting the car but I'm curious.

firehawk1120
11-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Take it from me you don't want a car with frame damage. My 00 Hawk was hit in the back twice and the frame was bent. NOTHING felt the same after that happened. It didn't drive right, it didn't sound right, something just was off. Stay away from a car with frame damage even if they said they put it on a frame straightener and it's good as new. RUN FAST...

misterjuice
11-27-2006, 03:42 PM
You got rear ended?? hahahahah you loved it.

Michael, a little off topic, but what are you doing at the Iron Horse??? food any good, we may come by and visit your fine establishment.

NLinnear
11-27-2006, 05:33 PM
You got rear ended?? hahahahah you loved it.

Michael, a little off topic, but what are you doing at the Iron Horse??? food any good, we may come by and visit your fine establishment.

Food is alright. Just let me know when your coming.

Take it from me you don't want a car with frame damage. My 00 Hawk was hit in the back twice and the frame was bent. NOTHING felt the same after that happened. It didn't drive right, it didn't sound right, something just was off. Stay away from a car with frame damage even if they said they put it on a frame straightener and it's good as new. RUN FAST...

There is a chance that the frame was never damaged in the first place. I'm waiting on more info. We'll see...

I found a '98 with a D1 for sale 8-)

Frosty
11-27-2006, 08:14 PM

Then the shop that fixed it didn't do it right. Also, it depends how bad and where the frame was damaged. It's not hard to damage the "frame".